Frost Fired!

31 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I don't want to pile on a guy after he's gone, so this will be my last post on the subject.

But he had a private clause written into his restructured contract that even the State's Attorney General "ruled" to keep hidden because it was due to private personal matters.  Many can speculate, I guess, on what those matters were.  But it's definitely evidence that personal choices were effecting his work.

Yeah contractually that’s fine. You’re telling me that with the numerous social media platforms out there, not one post of him doing any of the alleged activities? Look I’m not saying he did or didn’t have a vice that he was dealing with. But the anger directed at him from “fans” and ridicule he’s getting over all these alleged activities is beyond normal.

48 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I question some of them too.  I also question why some of them haven't been refuted by a lot of people who could easily refute them.

What is gained by addressing every allegation? He kept his inner circle extremely small… if that circle were larger and his wrongs so rampant as alleged, there would be video/pictures to provide any credence to these activities. 

I’m not suggesting he was a choir boy or didn’t have his own personal issues, but his reputation is already being dragged. He lost his dream job in the most public way possible, best to just leave the guy alone as he figures out his new normal.

• Plus1 2

Scott Frost fumbled. He struck out.

We can argue and debate about what he did and didn't do. "On and off the field".  Nothing would come as a surprise to me. The important thing is that he's been relieved of his responsibilities. And now,  I'm moving on to the next chapter in Nebraska football. No matter what the emotional investment is, he's in the past. History.  

I don't have any reason to not trust Trev Alberts. In my opinion he did what was necessary. It's in his hands who he selects to lead our football team. He seems measured in his response and will be thorough in his search. He's got a sound set of characteristics he's seeking in the next Husker coach. 

Mickey Joseph has experienced hardship and triumph. He's earned everything. He's principled, symbolizes maturity and has grit. He won't squander the opportunity and will do everything in his power for the team to experience successes. 

Go Big Red! Full throttle ahead.

"

• Thanks 3
  • Oh Yeah! 3
50 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Scott Frost fumbled. He struck out.

We can argue and debate about what he did and didn't do. "On and off the field".  Nothing would come as a surprise to me. The important thing is that he's been relieved of his responsibilities. And now,  I'm moving on to the next chapter in Nebraska football. No matter what the emotional investment is, he's in the past. History.  

I don't have any reason to not trust Trev Alberts. In my opinion he did what was necessary. It's in his hands who he selects to lead our football team. He seems measured in his response and will be thorough in his search. He's got a sound set of characteristics he's seeking in the next Husker coach. 

Mickey Joseph has experienced hardship and triumph. He's earned everything. He's principled, symbolizes maturity and has grit. He won't squander the opportunity and will do everything in his power for the team to experience successes. 

Go Big Red! Full throttle ahead.

"

Nice word.

• Fire 1

18 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

What is gained by addressing every allegation? He kept his inner circle extremely small… if that circle were larger and his wrongs so rampant as alleged, there would be video/pictures to provide any credence to these activities. 

If he didn't make a habit of being late all the time, for example, it seems like the easiest thing in the world for someone to say "yeah that didn't happen".  Instead, unless I've missed it, it seems like there's only been people substantiating the claim.

I don't think we need video evidence of it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Seems like if he didn't make a habit of being late all the time, for example, it seems like the easy thing in the world for someone to say "yeah that didn't happen".  Instead, unless I've missed it, it seems like there's only been people substantiating the claim.

Who's been substantiating the claims?

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, funhusker said:

I don't want to pile on a guy after he's gone, so this will be my last post on the subject.

But he had a private clause written into his restructured contract that even the State's Attorney General "ruled" to keep hidden because it was due to private personal matters.  Many can speculate, I guess, on what those matters were.  But it's definitely evidence that personal choices were effecting his work.

It could be personal, as in something not related to football.

But it also specifically talks about "performance metrics and goal setting" and, as they are specific to Frost as opposed to the team, they ruled that it could be withheld.  That sounds much more like on-the-job metrics, in my opinion

So I don't think it's nearly as clear of a conclusion as you make it out to be.

The question which remains is whether the performance metrics referenced in the Second Addendum may be withheld as “personal information in records regarding personnel of public bodies.” Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-712.05(7). “Statutory interpretation begins with the text, and the text is to be given its plain and ordinary meaning. An appellate court will not resort to interpretation to ascertain the meaning of words which are plain, direct, and unambiguous.” State ex rel. Peterson v. Shively, 310 Neb. 1, 14, 963 N.W.2d 508, 518 (2021). Personal is a broad term and is defined, in part, as “of, relating to, or affecting a particular person” and “relating to an individual or an individual’s character, conduct, [or] motives.” https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/personal. We find that the performance metrics are personal in that they relate to, and affect, a particular person, Coach Frost.

This office has previously opined that Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-712.05(7) “would clearly allow a public agency to keep employee evaluations and bonus information in an
employee’s personnel file confidential.” Op. Att’y Gen. No. 90015 at 2 (February 27, 1990). Performance metrics and goal setting are individual to the employee and an integrated part of an employee’s evaluation. 

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It could be personal, as in something not related to football.

But it also specifically talks about "performance metrics and goal setting" and, as they are specific to Frost as opposed to the team, they ruled that it could be withheld.  That sounds much more like on-the-job metrics, in my opinion

So I don't think it's nearly as clear of a conclusion as you make it out to be.

Nitpicking but it wasn't a ruling, Assistant Attorney General Elizabeth O. Gau concluded the requested document could be lawfully withheld under the state’s public records statutes. USAToday is suing for disclosure of the full contract.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

If he didn't make a habit of being late all the time, for example, it seems like the easiest thing in the world for someone to say "yeah that didn't happen".  Instead, unless I've missed it, it seems like there's only been people substantiating the claim.

You do need some kind of evidence or else it is all gossip. The substantiation is coming from who… Radio personalities who are hearing things second (or third hand)? Could be some truth to it all, I’m just skeptical it was as bad as some are leading people to believe. 

The allegations of being drunk in bars several times without anyone (ANYONE) having a picture/video runs contrary to common sense in today’s social media era. Again, I’m not saying he didn’t have faults, but suggest fans pump the brakes on adding fuel to the fire. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
On 9/13/2022 at 1:37 PM, Husker in WI said:

Anyone want to summarize? I don't have time to listen at the moment and also don't really like Severe so no real interest in adding to the clicks. He is better than Benning at least.

In this particular case: Severe went on a rant and repeated a whole bunch of gossip about Frost. Then Severe went on Benning's show and claimed that his rant contained a lot of hyperbole but continued to say he had "heard" things.

For all cases:

Severe runs with unsubstantiated stories and then further exaggerates them. He's going to keep doing it because it drives clicks and revenue for him.

Benning hints at a bunch of stuff that he then says he can't tell us and in the end provides no value to the discussion. Repeat ad nauseum.

I don't understand why people continue to listen to - let alone believe - anything from Severe.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

In this particular case: Severe went on a rant and repeated a whole bunch of gossip about Frost. Then Severe went on Benning's show and claimed that his rant contained a lot of hyperbole but continued to say he had "heard" things.

For all cases:

Severe runs with unsubstantiated stories and then further exaggerates them. He's going to keep doing it because it drives clicks and revenue for him.

Benning hints at a bunch of stuff that he then says he can't tell us and in the end provides no value to the discussion. Repeat ad nauseum.

I don't understand why people continue to listen to - let alone believe - anything from Severe.

You hit it on the head with Benning. He always talks in a way that implies he has intimate knowledge of the situation in North Stadium and leaves it to the listener to fill in the vague areas. It's been his shtick for awhile. 

I don't know as much about Severe. At the end of the day, we should treat all these rumors like Riley rumors of players not lifting weights or practicing: they're not true in all likelihood. 

• Plus1 2