Frost Fired!

48 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Can you imagine how toxic it would have been in Lincoln these past 2 weeks if Trev hadn't fired Frost and had waited until after the IU game (I'm assuming the OU game would have been the same no matter the coach)?

That is one more reason why it was best to cut him lose when he did. The buyout money absolutely doesn’t matter once you know you’ll be replacing the coach. I’ll never understand all the handwringing some have been doing over $7.5M of somebody else’s money.

Just like in business, I learned a long time ago, if money will satisfy a customer or make a problem go away, you don’t really have a problem.

• Plus1 5
3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Can you imagine how toxic it would have been in Lincoln these past 2 weeks if Trev hadn't fired Frost and had waited until after the IU game (I'm assuming the OU game would have been the same no matter the coach)?

Would have been like walking around with dogsh!# on your shoes for two more weeks because new shoes were going to be on sale Oct 1.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

On 9/30/2022 at 9:49 AM, JJ Husker said:

That is one more reason why it was best to cut him lose when he did. The buyout money absolutely doesn’t matter once you know you’ll be replacing the coach. I’ll never understand all the handwringing some have been doing over $7.5M of somebody else’s money.

Just like in business, I learned a long time ago, if money will satisfy a customer or make a problem go away, you don’t really have a problem.

Yeah I have always believed one of

the worst things you can do is wait until after the season to fire a coach when it’s clear

they need to go

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ndobney said:

Yeah I have always believed one of

the worst things you can do is wait until after the season to fire a coach when it’s clear

they need to go

To me that became clear last year.  The renegotiation of the contract was a gift to him but the fans and team suffered through games we should have won this year.  Is it over stating things to say we could be at 5 wins right now if Coach Mickey had the off season to prepare these guys?  I’m not 100% sure, but leaning towards yes, it is fair to say that.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Hagg said:

To me that became clear last year.  The renegotiation of the contract was a gift to him but the fans and team suffered through games we should have won this year.  Is it over stating things to say we could be at 5 wins right now if Coach Mickey had the off season to prepare these guys?  I’m not 100% sure, but leaning towards yes, it is fair to say that.

Considering how atrocious Oklahoma is, it’s not unrealistic to think an undefeated season at this point was possible if Scott frost was not here.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...