Frost Fired!

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

So Trev came out right away with the details of the updated contract and lower salary. Frost had to achieve 6 wins and earn a bowl bid (not back into one) to go back to his prior salary. So, really no big deal IMO.  Trev had wanted a verbal agreement, but Frost (and his lawyers) wanted it included in the updated contract. 

The judge said it’s only two paragraphs- so it’s not much. But there is mention of “some other things”. So I guess we’ll know what that is within a week. But it’s probably not much. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

The judge said it’s only two paragraphs- so it’s not much. But there is mention of “some other things”. So I guess we’ll know what that is within a week. But it’s probably not much. 

Yeah, I could end up being wrong on my original assessment.  But, I doubt there are any salacious details in the contract.

18 hours ago, commando said:

what does USA want from this?   coaches with poor records get fired all the time.    what's the point of the request?  unless they are trying to do a hit piece?

Parker Gabriel, who used to work for the LJS, took a job with them. side commentary: He's always been a bit of a weird reporter to me. if you've read or followed his tweets since 2020, this type of action being spearheaded or instigated by him isn't too suprising (if he actually did).

It's possible that Scott Frost could've argued that he didn't have an opportunity to achieve "the metrics". Trev recognized the inevitable that the metrics wouldn't likely be achieved and that Frost could've objected and, he wanted to do everything possible for the team to get a start on having successes.

A little bit of an odd take perhaps. Possibly another contributing factor into the decision to proceed with the dismissal. 

I think Trev knew it was only a matter of time after losses to NW & Georgia So. until he had to (or got to) fire him. Especially with all of what came out after he was fired since I sure Trev was well aware of what was going on. Didn't want to take the chance XHCSF would pull off a miracle against OU making it harder to drop the axe and they could afford the $7.5M.

The Huskeronline guys brought up a good point in their podcast today. Hoiberg also has metrics with Trev but nothing written down. Frost insisted his be in writing. Speaks a lot to lack of trust between the two IMHO. Not surprising since I've heard they weren't exactly best of friends from what we hear.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I think Trev knew it was only a matter of time after losses to NW & Georgia So. until he had to (or got to) fire him. Especially with all of what came out after he was fired since I sure Trev was well aware of what was going on. Didn't want to take the chance XHCSF would pull off a miracle against OU making it harder to drop the axe and they could afford the $7.5M.

The Huskeronline guys brought up a good point in their podcast today. Hoiberg also has metrics with Trev but nothing written down. Frost insisted his be in writing. Speaks a lot to lack of trust between the two IMHO. Not surprising since I've heard they weren't exactly best of friends from what we hear.

Frost did not like an AD looking over his shoulder.  He too much free rein before Trev.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
24 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Lol…I’ll always remember the press conference Alberts had addressing the NCAA investigation with Frost in attendance standing there like a high school kid who’d just gotten busted by the principal. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
9 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Frost did not like an AD looking over his shoulder.  He too much free rein before Trev.

I agree with you for the most part, but it wasn’t “looking over his shoulder” or micromanaging. Frost thought he had the run of the place like a quarterback of a small-town high school. Trev came in, said “I was whipping around Charlie Ward with one arm, while you were running off to Stanford, so you can’t big-time me. Let’s try to act like an adult around here.”  Frost didn’t like that his party was coming to an end with Trev. 

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree with you for the most part, but it wasn’t “looking over his shoulder” or micromanaging. Frost thought he had the run of the place like a quarterback of a small-town high school. Trev came in, said “I was whipping around Charlie Ward with one arm, while you were running off to Stanford, so you can’t big-time me. Let’s try to act like an adult around here.”  Frost didn’t like that his party was coming to an end with Trev. 

For all the talk of conduct on and off the field, finally it was all very hypocritical. It came down to being held accountable. It seems like Scott thought that he was entitled to it and was above accountability. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, M.A. said:

For all the talk of conduct on and off the field, finally it was all very hypocritical. It came down to being held accountable. It seems like Scott thought that he was entitled to it and was above accountability. 

To me, this explains why Mickey comes across so hard on himself in his press conferences.  I think Mickey saw Scott as someone who refused accountability and that the kids need to see a leader who accepts accountability.  To me, that key difference in leadership is why the kids A) haven't bailed on the program, and B) seem to be more engaged during the games.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

20 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

To me, this explains why Mickey comes across so hard on himself in his press conferences.  I think Mickey saw Scott as someone who refused accountability and that the kids need to see a leader who accepts accountability.  To me, that key difference in leadership is why the kids A) haven't bailed on the program, and B) seem to be more engaged during the games.

whoever the new coach is - I sure hope MJ is a part of the new staff.  Such a valuable example

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, MasterPulverizer said:

He’s taking ownership. Sometimes what’s referred to as “extreme owner”. Everyone accepting responsibility. It seems that there was quite a bit of in-congruency with regard to accountability. It’s not words but actions demonstrated.