Frost Fired!

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

$7.5M to the athletic department is like $20 to any of us. It doesn’t really matter.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Thank you!  What a bizarre hang up.

We're probably just going to have to agree to disagree but $7.5 million is still a lot of money in football. Texas A&M spent $34 million on NIL deals last year, which I believe was the most of any school. $7.5 million is 22% of that. It would make a huge difference in NU NIL deals.

And it's not just about the amount but also the timing. We're talking about 3 weeks, which at this point isn't going make any difference in a coaching search. If this was towards the end of the season, then those weeks might matter but not now.

I doubt I'm convincing anyone, so I'll quit posting about it.

Just now, RedDenver said:

And that would be a bad decision by Trev. Instead Trev says, "Done. In 3 weeks we'll announce it and get make that money you're giving go even farther than if I did it today."

The additional $7.5 million is still money we could have had going forward instead of paying it to the fired coach. For the next set of assistant coaches, NIL money, etc.

Firing Frost now instead of in 3 weeks is just frustration and knee-jerk reaction instead of careful planning. Handicapping the next coach/NIL deals is not a good way to move forward.

Handicapping the program by keeping a deadman walking would’ve been more harmful.

And maybe I don’t understand NIL money but I don’t believe it can flow directly from the athletic dept to the players so that’s a non-issue.

It boils down to this. It was pretty much a s#!t sandwich anyway you look at it but it was deserved and probably overdue as is. I just don’t see how the timing can be questioned. Once you know you will be moving in a new direction, rip that bandage off and get going.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

We're probably just going to have to agree to disagree but $7.5 million is still a lot of money in football. Texas A&M spent $34 million on NIL deals last year, which I believe was the most of any school. $7.5 million is 22% of that. It would make a huge difference in NU NIL deals.

And it's not just about the amount but also the timing. We're talking about 3 weeks, which at this point isn't going make any difference in a coaching search. If this was towards the end of the season, then those weeks might matter but not now.

I doubt I'm convincing anyone, so I'll quit posting about it.

Spending money in a way that will help the program as opposed to just flushing it down the toilet is apparently "bizzarre".

Obviously we just don't understand.

• Plus1 1

46 minutes ago, Dansker said:

I feel horrible for Frost. It’s never fun to hear this kind of news. However, this is the nature of the beast. It’s a results driven business. I’m excited to see what Mickey can do. If the players play hard for him, run through a wall for him. He could do what SF couldn’t— produce a winning season.

I'll never feel horrible for Frost.