Frost Fired!

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Did he say it might happen before October 1?  Or that he had to win 8 games?

He definitely said the latter.  I don't recall seeing the former.  And they are obviously not the same.

I picked that up from Sharp & Benning on Sept. 8 when Sip was the guest. He was referring to OU. Don't think he considered a loss to Georgia Southern but a loss to GS would clearly have a much bigger impact than a loss to top 10 OU as we saw.

Benning - but man, yesterday in the On3 chat it was weird. I'm trying to get context of what you meant when you said "If Nebraska wins against Georgia Southern and doesn't look very good against OU, it would be a close call on coach Frost and his tenure vs. Indiana". Is that right?

Sipple - It feels little tenuous right now. .... But if they would lose resoundingly to Oklahoma I think the conversation gets heated up quite a bit. We're already in a week-to-week, it really feels week-to-week right now.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yes it could.  The donor could use it for NIL.  

I don't know anything about what the conditions are.  And neither do you.

But you're flat wrong to say it couldn't happen.  It definitely could.  It didn't but that doesn't mean it couldn't.

That’s what I meant. Neither of know. So to hang Trev out to dry when you don’t know is a pretty crappy thing to do. And you don’t have a history of doing that, which is why I say you’re better than that. 

45 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I get it. I'm just in shock over what I think was an unforced error by Trev. I was pretty confident in him going forward but now I just don't know.

Maybe Mickey will pull a shocker next weekend and goes on to win a bunch of games and this ends up being a genius move. (Unfortunately, I think Mickey will be fortunate to stay within 30 points of OU.)

I just don’t see it as much of an unforced error. I can’t really blame Trev even if he contributed to it. I imagine he gave SF extra leash out of respect for his playing days and program commitment and I don’t see anything particularly wrong with that. That’s why I’m not hung up on it not happening last year when it was deserved. I think it may be as simple as he gave him too much of an extended opportunity and Frost didn’t take advantage of the extra chance by winning enough. And/Or it may be that there weren’t enough donors on board last year or there were too many demanding it after Saturday’s game. To me it was just an unavoidable occurrence and the timing simply got out of his control.

We all were aware Trev’s clock wasn’t going to start until he named the next coach so I’m just giving him a pass on whatever he’s done or not done with Scott. If the worst thing is that $7.5M didn’t get put to best use, I don’t think that’s too terrible after all the BS of the last 20 years. Seems pretty minor in the grand scheme.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Let's also not forget we just lost to Georgia Southern. 

If you let that sink in for a minute it's not the craziest thing that Frost's dismissal was accelerated. 

You’re right. We should be directing our anger and hurt at Ga So. Those bastards cost us an additional $7.5 on top of the $1.4 we paid them to come play us. Effin Clay Helton.

Yeah I’m kidding…

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Did he say it might happen before October 1?  Or that he had to win 8 games?

He definitely said the latter.  I don't recall seeing the former.  And they are obviously not the same.

Found it. His exact quote was.

This has become game to game discussion in the wake of the loss in Ireland.