Jump to content

Frost Fired!


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You would think that, but look around at the level of reverance the guy had over a lot of people despite being an absolutely terrible HC.  Being hung over and late explains just about everything we saw with this program. 

 

The cult of personality is a strong thing. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

All I'll say is Frost liked not being held accountable.  He loved it at UCF and he loved it under Moos.  Everyone can put the two and two together.  It hurts because he's one of my favorite Husker players ever.  I revered him growing up and pretended to be him in the backyard.  he's the reason my first ever Husker jersey was #7.  He's just as flawed as all of us and it affected his results at his alma mater.  There are people close enough to Frost who gave him gateways of help that can't believe he was so careless about this opportunity.  It's a shame.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
Just now, Minnesota_husker said:

As I am listening to this, this is the first I am hearing of some of this.

 

Is this all known stuff that Frost wasnt committed?

 

Anyone hear these stories?

There was a fairly reliable poster on another site that had eluded to some of this quite some time ago but it seemed to get blown off.  There's a lot going around now and I hate to even keep repeating it because honestly it's a moot point and it makes me want to puke.  You can point to a lot of things that were red flags honestly.

  • Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

There are some truly deplorable stories out there about some of the most famous college and professional coaches in history, so it's always hard to know how seriously to take some of the rumors that float around about coaches. If some dude rages on the weekends but wins championships nobody cares. If a different dude rages on the weekends and wins four games then it's a problem.

 

That said, the rumors I'm most unsettled by are the alleged lack of attention to details, showing up late to practices, not making recruit calls, and fostering an environment where assistants felt they needed to go to university leadership to intervene. Frankly, this is stuff I just never saw coming. Frost talked a smooth game and said a lot of the right things. We all know his history and ties to the state. I can only imagine how stressful and how much of a commitment the job takes, and how there are probably times where you just throw your hands up and maybe take a little time to yourself. But it's also something he chose and got paid incredibly well to do. You can't half-a$$ this kind of stuff and Frost appeared to understand that, but it now it sounds like quite a bit of that may have just been talk. Kind of numbing as a fan.
 

 

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

The "losing culture" comment is where I am struggling. That's a locker room issue. If that is the case, this was the right move. I heard the rumors as well and blew them off. Maybe because I was 100% behind Frost. But I kept hearing the same thing the last couple years and thought...hmmm maybe this does have legs. 

 

The one thing MJ said today that got my attention and perhaps could save the season is when he mentioned it being about those boys in the locker room. He is committed to the team. If that is the case, and the team rallies we may see something special this weekend.

 

GBR!!

 

 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

51 minutes ago, Farms said:

There was a fairly reliable poster on another site that had eluded to some of this quite some time ago but it seemed to get blown off.  There's a lot going around now and I hate to even keep repeating it because honestly it's a moot point and it makes me want to puke.  You can point to a lot of things that were red flags honestly.

 

It didn't matter that after going 8-13, Scott was given a two-year extension ... so regardless of what we hear, it really shouldn't matter.  Scott was privileged and given every opportunity.  That same entitlement will not be given to MJ.  Scott is very fortunate indeed regardless of what story ever comes to light.

 

Scott would go on to an 8-18 completion to his career after that "necessary" extension.  I won't really "ditch" on him ... God help the soul that feels any need to protect him.  He always abused me with his coachspeak.  I'll choose to remember him by his playing days ... all the rest of it can die and leave my memory.  :-)

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Enhance said:

That said, the rumors I'm most unsettled by are the alleged lack of attention to details, showing up late to practices, not making recruit calls, and fostering an environment where assistants felt they needed to go to university leadership to intervene. Frankly, this is stuff I just never saw coming. Frost talked a smooth game and said a lot of the right things. We all know his history and ties to the state. I can only imagine how stressful and how much of a commitment the job takes, and how there are probably times where you just throw your hands up and maybe take a little time to yourself. But it's also something he chose and got paid incredibly well to do. You can't half-a$$ this kind of stuff and Frost appeared to understand that, but it now it sounds like quite a bit of that may have just been talk. Kind of numbing as a fan.
 

 

 

Agreed. Yet despite ALL of that, look at how damn close we were to winning big games against good teams. Sorry to use the "close" word. Just goes to show what is possible with someone fully committed and knowledgable. 

  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment

16 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

Do you think Moos could see this coming and that's why he left?

 

Didn't want to be a part of the s#!t show?

Moos used covid to work from home permanently, which wasn't in Nebraska.

 

Moos liked a drink or three with boosters but that's part of it and no big deal.

 

The bigger deal was becoming an absentee AD.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

 

It didn't matter that after going 8-13, Scott was given a two-year extension ... so regardless of what we hear, it really shouldn't matter.  Scott was privileged and given every opportunity.  That same entitlement will not be given to MJ.  Scott is very fortunate indeed regardless of what story ever comes to light.

 

Scott would go on to an 8-18 completion to his career after that "necessary" extension.  I won't really "ditch" on him ... God help the soul that feels any need to protect him.  He always abused me with his coachspeak.  I'll choose to remember him by his playing days ... all the rest of it can die and leave my memory.  :-)

Weird.....

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...