Frost Fired!

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t think anything will come from this. Trev wouldn’t be stupid enough to put the agreed upon “metrics” on the record, so there is likely nothing to disclose to any FIOA request. 

Is "stop being a stubborn drunken moron" a metric?

One thing I've learned in life is never to assume anything about what anyone would or would not do. We have no idea really if Trev is or isn't stupid until he proves that.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t think anything will come from this. Trev wouldn’t be stupid enough to put the agreed upon “metrics” on the record, so there is likely nothing to disclose to any FIOA request. 

You missspelted FOIA and it's not a FOIA request. It's a Nebraska Public Records request. The University said it was private info, a state asst attorney agreed. So USAToday sued and now a state judge has ruled its public.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I disagree.

2 hours ago, commando said:

what does USA want from this?   coaches with poor records get fired all the time.    what's the point of the request?  unless they are trying to do a hit piece?

I would be surprised if there’s not more in that contract. The U has 7 days to release it.   But then again it does support why Trev woke Sunday am and knew Frost had to go even at full buyout- the spiral out of control was hard to watch. If Alberts waited until we were mathematically eliminated from bowl eligibility, the sellout streak would have most likely ended- and probably with the Indiana game. 

I’m not ruling out some game play by TA with this. I mean the two metrics he mentioned are pretty common sense-so why not just release it?  

10 hours ago, Gage County said:

You missspelted FOIA and it's not a FOIA request. It's a Nebraska Public Records request. The University said it was private info, a state asst attorney agreed. So USAToday sued and now a state judge has ruled its public.

You misspelt "missspelt"...  Why so angry..??  UNL is funded by state and federal money making all records concerning employees of the state public information.

10 hours ago, runningblind said:

Is "stop being a stubborn drunken moron" a metric?

One thing I've learned in life is never to assume anything about what anyone would or would not do. We have no idea really if Trev is or isn't stupid until he proves that.

Is it possible that there was a "metric" involved concerning SF alledged drinking habits..??  Ive heard rumor there was issues in Ireland and it would explain the early dismissal and the reluctence of Trev to release the contract.

12 hours ago, commando said:

what does USA want from this?   coaches with poor records get fired all the time.    what's the point of the request?  unless they are trying to do a hit piece?

My guess is they're doing an expose of college coaching and buy outs or similar ... with all the changes this year sure would be an interesting look at the money programs bring in for the U, what they spend on coaches, what they walk away with etc.  I'm assuming they were able to access that info at other universities and when something is held back the automatic assumption is that there is a reason for it.

It smells like a stink piece.  They can research all about the money in hires and fires without a lawsuit into Frost’s personal case.  They know it’s not about wins and losses totals.  There were 9 more games to go.  Plenty of games to go yet.  It’s obvious 6-6 was still possible, mathematically if not realistically.  

• Plus1 1