Frost Fired!

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

And I said what I said because it’s pretty unreasonable to expect anyone to willingly give up $7.5M they are entitled to. If he did, some will down play it like it was the right thing to do and, if he didn’t, some will stupidly hold it against him. It would be a huge act of charity by Frost if he took kess than was owed regardless his performance.

There's no reason for Frost to take less than he was owed.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Nobody is going to be hired until December. If Mickey pulls a Dabo and turns a season around, he makes himself a serious candidate. Otherwise, it’s talk to current coaches thru their agents for the new 2+ months. 

I hope Mickey does well but the big few names are the goal and maybe they can then mentor him to take over 

I feel horrible for Frost. It’s never fun to hear this kind of news. However, this is the nature of the beast. It’s a results driven business. I’m excited to see what Mickey can do. If the players play hard for him, run through a wall for him. He could do what SF couldn’t— produce a winning season.

1 minute ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

Whether or not this is the reason, the message this sends to the fan base is "we don't need an extra $7.5 million back in our pocket to hire a competent head coch."

So Trev, whatever the reason it is that you made this decision today, I hope you can back u the actual message it is sending to us the fans.

I agree with this. We cannot be cheap now. It’s time to go B1G or go home. He clearly is sending the message that money is no object. That should certainly get Urb’s and Stoops attention.

11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Trev screwed this up big time.  I think it was obvious to many that Frost was not the right guy last year.  Why restructure his contract and keep him around only to fire him before October 1.  

Because they honestly thought it wouldn't be this bad. Now it's about branding and optics. 

I'd like to say that this horrendous start to the season was the only thing to silence Frost supporters, but even a few hours ago the Husker social media universe was still popping with fans supporting Frost, claiming these rebuilds take years, worrying that no coach will ever want to come here if we fire coaches, and getting angry at Frost-doubters for being fairweather fans. 

No matter what side of the fence you're on, the season just got more interesting. I don't think I could have taken another sideline shot of Scott Frost wishing it would all be over.