Interim Head Coach Mickey Joseph

Dansker

The problems are deep in this team.  MJ may help but nobody should expect much change between now and next fall.   It is grossly unfair to Joseph to put him in that spot.  

He may or may not be a Head Coach but I guess he presumably accepted the interim job without any promises after thanksgiving.  

This can’t be viewed as  ‘test drive’ or trial run. We need an elite HC.  Can he be one?   We can’t know one way or the other.  Maybe if he and Whipple get along (don’t know that either) then a smoother transition could happen.  But, absolutely we have to have a sure thing player magnet on offense and defense as we need about 40 more quality players ASAP.  Some will leave.  Some will stay.  

I truly thot Chin had the defense trending up but that game last night was a disaster!   No excuses. None.  

I am curious to see what Joseph does with Chinander. It was so obvious that our defense quit on their coach and they were playing undisciplined chaotic defense with no game plan. If Joseph wants a realistic shot at HC, he needs to start by making necessary changes to the defense. The offense can move the ball and Grant and Allen are forces to be reckoned with, but our defense is complete and utter garbage. Cannot stop a middle school offense.

• Plus1 2