Interim Head Coach Mickey Joseph

Dansker

1 hour ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Define your level of success? Dabo Sweeney and Nick Saban both "played" football but weren't stand out players but are amazing National Championship winning coaches. Just because someone can play football and become hall of fame players don't mean they can coach. Mike Singletary was a terrible head coach but a Hall of Fame player. 

lmao .. I think you realize you're mistaken.  And also that a much longer list would be former players who are now coaches. 

They need you over at somethingawful.com  chuckleshuffle

• Haha 1

From everything I actually know about frost and Chin’s level of class and professionalism, there’s no way Mickey can keep Chins around. There would be too much mud clouding the water, and that’s even IF Chins was coaching at a world class level. Not sure what options exist for Mickey, but I can’t see any way of making it work with Erik around. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Hagg said:

lmao .. I think you realize you're mistaken.  And also that a much longer list would be former players who are now coaches. 

They need you over at somethingawful.com  chuckleshuffle

I'm not mistaken because I realized that you have no idea what you're talking about and you just confirmed it. Anyone that thinks that Suh can just walk in and coach defense kinda speaks for themselves on how much they "know" :facepalm:

• Plus1 3

Just now, Stumpy1 said:

Travis Fisher and Bill Busch say Hi

Two guys that have never been defensive coordinators? I suppose that's an option, and Fisher has been impressive as the DB coach and has been with Chins so knows the defense, so maybe he could be a decent option. But what makes anyone think Busch would be any good? He's the ST coach and was a mediocre to bad DB coach the last time he was at NU.

I guess what I'm saying is that I think firing EC is more likely to make the defense worse than better IMO.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Two guys that have never been defensive coordinators? I suppose that's an option, and Fisher has been impressive as the DB coach and has been with Chins so knows the defense, so maybe he could be a decent option. But what makes anyone think Busch would be any good? He's the ST coach and was a mediocre to bad DB coach the last time he was at NU.

I guess what I'm saying is that I think firing EC is more likely to make the defense worse than better IMO.

Bill Busch has been DC before and Fisher has turned down a couple DC jobs at lesser places to stay at Nebraska.  Both are more than qualified.  Hell,  Georgia wanted to hire Fisher as a DB coach and he decided to stay.  

10 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Bill Busch has been DC before and Fisher has turned down a couple DC jobs at lesser places to stay at Nebraska.  Both are more than qualified.  Hell,  Georgia wanted to hire Fisher as a DB coach and he decided to stay.  

I doubt we're winning another game anyway, so I'm not opposed to firing EC, but I don't think that will help at all. Fisher makes sense since he already knows the defense at least, but Busch doesn't have time to install some new defense. Or maybe he does over the bye week, but I think that'll be even more of a train wreck than we've seen so far.