Interim Head Coach Mickey Joseph

Dansker

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

It can always get worse. Do people not remember us giving up 60+ points over the last decade?

And people keep saying we should be more aggressive, but watching the GSU game we didn't even put any pressure on the QB when we did blitz other than one corner blitz by Newsome. I saw some zone blitzing that looked completely ineffective.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be changes since it's clear what we're doing isn't working. I just don't think firing EC is likely to make the defense any better, but instead is just the fans out for blood at this point. It'll make the fans feel better for one week, so maybe that's worth it, but I just don't think it matters who's calling the plays - our DL is just terrible.

You can’t allow leaders to lead young people down the wrong path. I’d have fired his a$$ 3 years ago, but then again, he’d have never been hired. I’d send him packing right now. He’s useless. Dude sucks, and is a huge payroll bandit. It can’t get any worse. You’re already at the bottom. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
33 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Live look of Mickey at practice today

It's OU week LFG!!!!!!!

Mickey does seem like a hard a$$ on the field and I like that.  Imagine you were in his shoes right now.  How f#&%ing hungry would you be?  Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?  Yo.

• Oh Yeah! 1
30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Mickey does seem like a hard a$$ on the field and I like that.  Imagine you were in his shoes right now.  How f#&%ing hungry would you be?  Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?  Yo.

Mom's spaghetti 

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I am completely supportive of new HCMJo....

I feel like this week is too short of time to prep for OU.  So definitely a pass this weekend.  

After OU comes the bye week.  And that is when the staff can come together with Mickey's vision for the team, and really lay the groundwork for the year.  

If that makes sense.

17 minutes ago, admo said:

I am completely supportive of new HCMJo....

I feel like this week is too short of time to prep for OU.  So definitely a pass this weekend.  

After OU comes the bye week.  And that is when the staff can come together with Mickey's vision for the team, and really lay the groundwork for the year.  

If that makes sense.

I am going to treat the rest of this season as no-stress games.  If NU wins a few, that's great.  If NU loses, it's expected.  Nothing against Mickey, but I would be nervous if he were named the full-time head coach starting in 2023.  But, he has the opportunity to show all Nebraska fans and Trev what type of head coach he can be.  That's all a guy can ask for.