Interim Head Coach Mickey Joseph

Dansker

57 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We need to beat Illinois, remove the interim coach tag & let the recruiting flow.  Next year will be really bad, if we can't get some recruits.  Who is going to come to a school without knowing who the coach is.

Recruits will know who the coach is by then.

...and if it's not Joseph the new coach will be in the $7.5 to $9 million range and that caliber of coach will be expected to have a stellar recruiting and transfer class from the git go.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

44 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Recruits will know who the coach is by then.

...and if it's not Joseph the new coach will be in the $7.5 to $9 million range and that caliber of coach will be expected to have a stellar recruiting and transfer class from the git go.

No matter who it is, if they are hired the week after thanksgiving, don't expect a "stellar recruiting class" a few weeks later.  It's just not going to happen.  Now, some coaches might have a better class by that point than others, but, the 2024 class is the real test.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No matter who it is, if they are hired the week after thanksgiving, don't expect a "stellar recruiting class" a few weeks later.  It's just not going to happen.  Now, some coaches might have a better class by that point than others, but, the 2024 class is the real test.

The right coach can flip recruits in a short amount of time.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

NU hasn't had the opportunity to go out and hire practically anyone in the country (yes, I realize there are exceptions) in a long, long time, and to me hiring the Interim Head Coach just because he's better than the previous guy doesn't make sense.

Problem is, I don't think there is a great crop of available coaches this year. Honestly, I don't know that there is a realistic option that could do any better than Ferentz type results... ugh

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Go the USC route. Hire the coach and let him bring the best parts of his former program with him 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think it’s prudent for Trev to wait till we get closer to the end of the season and weigh his options.  

However, if it’s looking like it’s going to be Mickie, it would be nice if he could announce it the last week or two of the season and give him more time to recruit and solidify players coming back.  

Yes If it’s gonna be Mickey, he needs to announce as early as possible so he can help shore up a 2023 class and whoever on the current roster that’s worth keeping. 

• Plus1 3

10 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am not against Mickey, but his lack of head coaching experience concerns me. I think your thought process on hiring him, especially after 4 games as the Interim Head Coach is a bad thought process.

recruits won't suddenly jump ship without good reason, to follow an impulsive coach.

18 hours ago, TheSker said:

The right coach can flip recruits in a short amount of time.

Urban is the only "available" coach that could do this. sure, a few other established coaches could do it, but they definitely are not leaving they're jobs. Do i think Urban is coming here, no. Prime might be able to get some recruits here, but i would not want him here. Just my opinion. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 hours ago, jager said:

Urban is the only "available" coach that could do this. sure, a few other established coaches could do it, but they definitely are not leaving they're jobs. Do i think Urban is coming here, no. Prime might be able to get some recruits here, but i would not want him here. Just my opinion. 

Why would you not want Prime Here? I mean what if he goes undefeated and wins the FCS Ship?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3