Interim Head Coach Mickey Joseph

Dansker

42 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

From Trev's perspective, I bet W-L has little to do with Mickey getting the job. At most, Mickey is being asked to keep the ship from sinking: plug a few holes with bubble gum and add a little paint. He didn't create nor worsen Frost's rust bucket. 

I disagree. If MJ wins-out rest of season including bowl game - the job is his with no debate.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I agree that Mickey can improve his case by winning games. I just don't think losses will necessarily hurt his case or it be the determining factor.

Don't kid yourself - he wins, he's in...he loses, he's out -- and the new incoming HC in that case would NOT be forced to retain him (no HC worth his mettle would agree to a requirement like that).

19 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I agree that Mickey can improve his case by winning games. I just don't think losses will necessarily hurt his case or it be the determining factor.

If Mickey does get the job, he is definitely going to need to hire an elite staff. I think he knows that and will get some of the best that he can. However, he will no longer be seen as the interim putting on the band-aid. He will now have his own program that he will need to lead and turn around. I just don't like the idea of a first time HC being the man to try and turn us around. A bowl game would be welcome, but very difficult to achieve.

Mickey is more of an ace recruiter and WR coach. Nebraska should give him AHC and a raise for getting the guys to play hard in a difficult circumstance. He should also be retained as any HC would be stupid not to. 

• Fire 1