15 hours ago, lo country said:

Run the  ball guys approve

Triple Option

RPO

Read Option

Wing T

Wishbone

I-Formation

Run the ball guy should have been approving this whole time.  Outside of the Tanner Lee year its probably been since Callahan that we were not running some kind of option. In fact outside of that one year I bet we have ran the ball significantly more than passing it also.  

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, TonkaSker said:

Steven Godfrey stated Colorado had interest in Mickey before moving on to a list that includes Bronco Mendenhall, Ryan Walters, Tom Herman, and Casey Dunn and that ASU has interest but are running a really slow search that hasn't involved any interviews yet, likely to due the hemming and hawing that they're doing about their AD. You're probably looking at a similar list for both openings, so there's probably a 15% chance Mickey takes a job.

Guy is pretty credible and not known to carry water, so take it for what it's worth.

My opinion on Mickey to ASU is that they're probably more likely to retain Aguano than hire Mickey due to some overlap in criterion and Aguano actually being in the building.

He also said he doesn't think Mickey is getting the NU job.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

But some of the anti-Mickey crowd can’t just come out and say “he’s black” as a reason (as much as they want to) so they come up with unreasonable expectations and incoherent comparisons instead. 

And yeah, I’ve heard from certain members of the fan base (that think because I’m a 2A guy I’m automatically in the MAGA camp) who find it unacceptable Nebraska would hire a black man to be it’s (interim) head coach. 

Seriously? I'm seeing just the opposite. The tried and true Husker traditionalists have gone all-in on Mickey Joseph as one of us.

If by "some" you just mean "some" yes, of course you're statistically correct.

Otherwise that's a pretty stupid take. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
30 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He also said he doesn't think Mickey is getting the NU job.

If it's going to happen I think today would be the last optimal day to announce it. Might be copying some takes I've seen here but it would be in Mickey's best interest as his stock will probably not be higher than it is today.

Remaining schedule with some look-ahead lines that price in Casey's injury per NCAAgamesim.com :

Minnesota (+15.5)

@ Michigan (+27.5)

Wisconsin (+13.5)

@ Iowa (+7.5)

If you're Mickey, do you really wanna sign a contract after a six game losing streak? Leverage is not on your side. It wouldn't shock me if they sat down to hash out a deal during the week.

If you're Nebraska, do you really want to announce you're hiring a coach coming off a six game losing streak? Your pool of interested recruits and assistants is probably a little shallower if you go that route.

Best move for both sides IMO is Mickey gets an WR/AHC/recruiting coordinator offer at 2.25-2.5mm by the next coach. He's considered one of the top assistants in the country in coaching circles and outside of Gundy-Kasey Dunn I don't see someone more qualified or talented coming on. Unless ASU offers I don't see him taking another job. Maybe Tulane if Fritz leaves? 

32 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Best move for both sides IMO is Mickey gets an WR/AHC/recruiting coordinator offer at 2.25-2.5mm by the next coach. He's considered one of the top assistants in the country in coaching circles and outside of Gundy-Kasey Dunn I don't see someone more qualified or talented coming on. Unless ASU offers I don't see him taking another job. Maybe Tulane if Fritz leaves? 

You would make Mickey one of the highest paid assistant coaches in college football and give him a 300% raise?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You would make Mickey one of the highest paid assistant coaches in college football and give him a 300% raise?

The assistant coach bubble is blowing up pretty quickly and it would shock me if there wasn't a $2m+ assistant on this staff. My original number was aggressive but it's going to take more than 1.5/y to keep him.

It wouldn't shock me if the financial projections staffs for big 10 athletic departments have been punch drunk since the media rights deal was announced. There's so much money out there and nobody's had a chance to reset the market yet. It's bound to be us or auburn.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Everyone stating MJ hasn't wowed you .. for Pete's sake... His job right now is to keep afloat a sinking ship and hold together a recruiting class that is potentially better than past years.

Yeah. And keeping a sinking ship afloat for a while doesn't wow me. No big deal.

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

But some of the anti-Mickey crowd can’t just come out and say “he’s black” as a reason (as much as they want to) so they come up with unreasonable expectations and incoherent comparisons instead. 

And yeah, I’ve heard from certain members of the fan base (that think because I’m a 2A guy I’m automatically in the MAGA camp) who find it unacceptable Nebraska would hire a black man to be it’s (interim) head coach. 

AGREE!! And the statement "no head coach experience" always makes me laugh. How much HC experience did Solich have? Pelini? SMH

• Plus1 2