Interim Head Coach Mickey Joseph

Dansker

15 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

Man if MJ keeps it up I see him as a great head coach and he will have his lumps like all of them but man love listing to him talk about his players and coaches and how the buck stops with him. such an awesome vid thank you for posting it @Dogs In A Pile

any one know if Turner will have to sit out any part of the game on fri?

Corcoran shouldn't need to sit out any of the game against Rutgers.  It wasn't a targeting related expulsion from the game, and it occurred in the first half of the Indiana game.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

If Trev is able to bring in a top tier, proven HC that can rebuild a program, then the worst thing would be if the Huskers ended up 6-6.  If they go 6-6 and go to a bowl, then there will be immense pressure to give the job to Mickey, who may well be the right guy, but is still more of an unknown as far as Power 5 HC potential.  So, ironically, it'd likely be better in the long run to go 3-9, or 4-8 this year than 6-6.  Then again, Frost was a proven Power 5 HC..........

You need a coach who can relate to kids these days. College Football is completely different nowadays. After seeing the locker room after the win last week, looked to me like the kids have bought into MJ. Or, maybe the foot of Frost was lifted off their necks. After hearing all the rumors, I keep thinking what was going on with this program. Did Frost quit? Give up? Maybe the team stopped responding. I loved the energy before last weeks game, during and after. That is a loss under the previous leadership. They would have folded. MJ kept them going. Who knows what will happen. But if this team pulls off the unthinkable, then MJ deserves to stay. 

Beat Rutgers a$$ tonight and keep it moving!

GBR!!!

10 hours ago, skeener said:

If Trev is able to bring in a top tier, proven HC that can rebuild a program, then the worst thing would be if the Huskers ended up 6-6.  If they go 6-6 and go to a bowl, then there will be immense pressure to give the job to Mickey, who may well be the right guy, but is still more of an unknown as far as Power 5 HC potential.  So, ironically, it'd likely be better in the long run to go 3-9, or 4-8 this year than 6-6.  Then again, Frost was a proven Power 5 HC..........

If Mickey goes 6-6 (5-4) with this team and the coaching change, he’s going to be better than any P5 coach willing to come here.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, skeener said:

If they go 6-6 and go to a bowl, then there will be immense pressure to give the job to Mickey,

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

If Mickey goes 6-6 (5-4) with this team and the coaching change, he’s going to be better than any P5 coach willing to come here.

I agree. After Frost screwed the pooch in 2 of the 3 easiest games on our schedule, and given the dismal trajectory of the whole program, if Mickey gets us to bowl eligibility, it would be phenomenal. 

• Plus1 1