Interim Head Coach Mickey Joseph

Dansker

15 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I think Mickey believes Frost blamed others too much, which we saw often in pressers, and is (over)correcting to personal accountability

This. The grown man making millions of dollars (the usual HC, not necessarily the interim I know) should take responsibility for what happens on the field. Blaming 18-22 year old kids for what they can or can't do in situations they maybe shouldn't even be in is never the right answer.  The HC should accountable, and want to be, which Frost was very much not.

38 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We need to beat Illinois, remove the interim coach tag & let the recruiting flow.  Next year will be really bad, if we can't get some recruits.  Who is going to come to a school without knowing who the coach is.

Fleeting thought I've had, too.  But it gets replaced by thoughts of it being too soon in the season, and that this season should not be about recruiting, but about seeing what MJ can do with it.

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

MIght not be the best idea.  But, I can think of a lot worse ideas.

Fair enough, it may not be the "worst idea ever".  I just think it's a terrible idea to go with emotion and be short-sighted on this decision and not consider candidates that Trev has probably been working on over the past year.

NU hasn't had the opportunity to go out and hire practically anyone in the country (yes, I realize there are exceptions) in a long, long time, and to me hiring the Interim Head Coach just because he's better than the previous guy doesn't make sense.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1