Jump to content

Interim Head Coach Mickey Joseph


Dansker

Recommended Posts


I'm speculating and hoping:

 

But what if Frost tanked the last two weeks on purpose to get the full buyout?  Let's be honest, anything short of 7-8 wins was going to get the guy fired.  After losing to Northwestern, he had to know that was an uphill battle. Probably crazy, but gives me hope for my pipe dream.

 

Pipe dream: this team could actually be "descent".  What if they are now allowed to play in a winning game plan?

 

This is crazy.  But if the Huskers finish "bowl eligible", meaning 5 wins in the next 9 games, it makes one wonder...

Link to comment

4 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

Does MJ want to be the head coach? Has he come out and said that he would be and is interested in being the next head coach at Nebraska? If so, great! No better way to audition for the job then right now. If not, I hope he would want to stick around with whoever the new coach is. 


If he didn’t, I don’t think he would’ve agreed to the title of Associate Head Coach when he was first hired.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I'm speculating and hoping:

 

But what if Frost tanked the last two weeks on purpose to get the full buyout?  Let's be honest, anything short of 7-8 wins was going to get the guy fired.  After losing to Northwestern, he had to know that was an uphill battle. Probably crazy, but gives me hope for my pipe dream.

 

Pipe dream: this team could actually be "descent".  What if they are now allowed to play in a winning game plan?

 

This is crazy.  But if the Huskers finish "bowl eligible", meaning 5 wins in the next 9 games, it makes one wonder...

I think there is a part of him that tanked the team after the buyout last year. I think he was in over his head and probably started playing more and working less.  
 

but it appears he really through the towel in after the NW game.  I’m sure there will be stories coming out. 

Link to comment

13 minutes ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

Can Mickey at least do what Callahan did against USC in 2006...somehow bogart the football possesion without gaining any yards and keep the opponent's score below 30 points?  I'd take that if he doesn't have time to prepare for the game.

 

I get the sense he's going to tell Whipple to let 'er rip and try to win in a shootout.  Seems like the only chance we have of making it competitive.

 

Now that I say that the final score will be 7-3.

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

I think there is a part of him that tanked the team after the buyout last year. I think he was in over his head and probably started playing more and working less.  
 

but it appears he really through the towel in after the NW game.  I’m sure there will be stories coming out. 

Damon Benning is such a tease when it comes to revealing secrets.  He always goes on the cusp of letting something out and then goes on a Matthew McConaughey existential monologue to stop himself.  

 

Like apparently Frost's morning meeting with Trev wasn't entirely intended to be what it was but Frost pissed off Trev.  I don't doubt Frost acted like a d-bag on purpose pretty much since the restructure.

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

Damon Benning is such a tease when it comes to revealing secrets.  He always goes on the cusp of letting something out and then goes on a Matthew McConaughey existential monologue to stop himself.  

 

Like apparently Frost's morning meeting with Trev wasn't entirely intended to be what it was but Frost pissed off Trev.  I don't doubt Frost acted like a d-bag on purpose pretty much since the restructure.

I did hear there were two meetings Sunday am and the 10 am did not go well. I didn’t hear any specifics or speculation tho.  

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...