Postgame Altercation

Heard it happened in the basement of the Cornhusker hotel…FWIW :lol:

But seriously, would it surprise anyone if a coach, who saw the writing on the wall, and his AD boss, who has to and should expect better results, had a heated discussion after a 1-2 start and a loss to lowly SBC Georgia directional? I mean they weren’t gonna be back slapping and atta boying.

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Did they say what the altercation was about?

Didn't provide any real details.  Said there had been a lot of Tension between Alberts and Frost going back to last season.  Claimed that it took place after Frosts' presser and whatever Alberts said got things very heated and Scott "had enough".  Went on to say that Frost has felt hamstrung by Alberts and Frost "placed some blame there".

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Farms said:

Didn't provide any real details.  Said there had been a lot of Tension between Alberts and Frost going back to last season.  Claimed that it took place after Frosts' presser and whatever Alberts said got things very heated and Scott "had enough".  Went on to say that Frost has felt hamstrung by Alberts and Frost "placed some blame there".

Weird. Trev doesn't coach defense.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Farms said:

Rumor on another board of a heated verbal altercation between Frost and Alberts after the game last night. A possible contributing factor to the timeline being moved up if true I suppose.

I think that's pure speculation. It doesn't matter last night was embarrassing for everyone that is involved or associated with the university. SF is gone and they need this next hire to be right or we are screwed.

Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think that's pure speculation. It doesn't matter last night was embarrassing for everyone that is involved or associated with the university. SF is gone and they need this next hire to be right or we are screwed.

I was only sharing a rumor from another board, I don't really have any thoughts on if it's really true or not and it doesn't really matter.  But I'll say if you aren't getting along with your boss, telling him to go f#&% himself is a really good way to get fired, in fact it works almost every time.  I'm sure that Frost seen the writing on the wall, so if there were any tensions I'm sure he didn't hold much back.

Not sure about this but if true Scott just grabbed an easy extra $7.5 million. To me there was no way Frost was not getting fired after last night. Just a matter of when.  I wonder if we were playing another vanilla team next week instead of OU if we would have waited this out?  But because it is at home vs OU and the national game of the week that to just have all the negativity and Fire Frost and We Want Urban signs in the background was just not the vibe we wanted and it was pay him to get this situation resolved now. Now the focus this week is on the future vs non-stop Frost talk.  Costly price but also signals to me the money is there. It has to be if we want to compete with USC and Ohio State in this new B1G.

45 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Not sure about this but if true Scott just grabbed an easy extra $7.5 million. To me there was no way Frost was not getting fired after last night. Just a matter of when.  I wonder if we were playing another vanilla team next week instead of OU if we would have waited this out?  But because it is at home vs OU and the national game of the week that to just have all the negativity and Fire Frost and We Want Urban signs in the background was just not the vibe we wanted and it was pay him to get this situation resolved now. Now the focus this week is on the future vs non-stop Frost talk.  Costly price but also signals to me the money is there. It has to be if we want to compete with USC and Ohio State in this new B1G.

Yeah I'm tired of hiring ok coaches with the hope that they will miraculous be great. NEBRASKA HAS BEEN CHEAP AND SO THEY HAVE HAD CHEAP RESULTS

• Haha 1

"Rumor on another board of a heated verbal altercation between Frost and Alberts after the game last night. A possible contributing factor to the timeline being moved up if true I suppose."

That is the most dramatic and fanatic Husker folklore I ever heard.  In 10 years we will hear that they both threw punches.

This is just stupid.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1