Frost Fired Presser

Mavric

5 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

At 18:57 mark

"We're going to clearly define what our values are.  And we're not going to hire coaches who don't believe in what we believe in"

If you think that's Urban Meyer then good on you.

What value(s) of Urban’s conflict with NU’s?

I'm curious when he said he doesn't want to try and win the press conference, if he meant Scott's pressers.

Scott was a master of saying the right things that sung to our ears. All style and no substance. No production on the field, but a great speaker saying the right things.

Maybe Frost needs to be the full time press secretary for the White House, no matter who's the President.

9 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

What “hobbies” does Frost have that Alberts is not looking for in the next hc? 

I thought maybe I was the only one reading too much into that comment.  It's hard for me not to go back to all the rumors of Frost and Chins getting blasted at the local country clubs and other late night festivities.  The comment very easy could have been a generalization about the next guy but it sure didn't feel like it.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Farms said:

I thought maybe I was the only one reading too much into that comment.  It's hard for me not to go back to all the rumors of Frost and Chins getting blasted at the local country clubs and other late night festivities.  The comment very easy could have been a generalization about the next guy but it sure didn't feel like it.

Way too weird. Seemed like a nugget 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

What value(s) of Urban’s conflict with NU’s?

I don't know.  Kicking players, married man hanging at the bar with co-eds, his covering up domestic violence at Ohio State, his team disintegration at Florida.  Did you listen to the presser?  I'd be shocked if Albert's considers bringing that baggage to Nebraska 

• Plus1 7

9 minutes ago, 308_Husker said:

I'm curious when he said he doesn't want to try and win the press conference, if he meant Scott's pressers.

Scott was a master of saying the right things that sung to our ears. All style and no substance. No production on the field, but a great speaker saying the right things.

Maybe Frost needs to be the full time press secretary for the White House, no matter who's the President.

I don't know what kind of music you listen to, but all I heard was pooping noises when Frost talked about practice.

• Plus1 1

Here's what I'll say stuck out the most to me about Alberts presser and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  He says multiple times that he thinks Joseph will make some immediate changes.  Also mentions accountability a couple times.  In my opinion I felt like Alberts really hasn't liked what he saw and has probably been wanting this change for a lot longer than 24 hours.  When he says that he wanted it to work I'm not sure that I believe him.  Or at least believe that he actually thought it would.  I believe the loss last night basically gave him the permission to do what he already wanted to do a while ago.  Now you can take this a couple different ways.

1. He sees that there are some easy changes that can be made within the program that could lead to a much more disciplined team, which in my opinion is what has seperated Nebraska from most of our conference foes the last 4 years.  Northwestern, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Purdue, even Illinois.  It's hard to argue that any of these teams have recruited more talent than us but it's easy to say that have all been more disciplined teams.

2. If he truly thought this than why even bring him back? What a damn waste of a year... This leads a lot of credence to the fact that Alberts actually wanted to fire Frost last year, but didn't have the support from the majority of fans and boosters.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I don't know.  Kicking players, married man hanging at the bar with co-eds, his covering up domestic violence at Ohio State, his team disintegration at Florida.  Did you listen to the presser?  I'd be shocked if Albert's considers bring that baggage to Nebraska 

I guess I get your stance, but has Trev announced what values are to be aligned with?  There’s plenty to suggest Frost also had some off the field indiscretions.  Plus the NCAA infraction.  And Trev still gave him another chance.  
I hadn’t heard of Urban kicking a player.  Did that get confirmed?

I’m not advocating UM either way, but we aren’t in search of a Sunday school teacher.  I wouldn’t discount anyone at this point.