Frost Fired Presser

Mavric

5 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I guess I get your stance, but has Trev announced what values are to be aligned with?  There’s plenty to suggest Frost also had some off the field indiscretions.  Plus the NCAA infraction.  And Trev still gave him another chance.  
I hadn’t heard of Urban kicking a player.  Did that get confirmed?

I’m not advocating UM either way, but we aren’t in search of a Sunday school teacher.  I wouldn’t discount anyone at this point.  

The kicker for the Jacksonville Jaguars alledges he was kicked by U.M. not sure if that was verified by an uninvolved 3rd party though. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I guess I get your stance, but has Trev announced what values are to be aligned with?  There’s plenty to suggest Frost also had some off the field indiscretions.  Plus the NCAA infraction.  And Trev still gave him another chance.  

I’m not advocating UM either way, but we aren’t in search of a Sunday school teacher.  I wouldn’t discount anyone at this point.  

Of course we're not looking for a Sunday School teacher, but Meyer is so far off of what he described he wants from a HC. At least in his values. At his last 3 coaching stops, he's either left due to an "illness" and at every destination a scandal has followed.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
24 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

If you know anything about Trev’s values you would know they are similar to TO’s. He won’t be looking for a Sunday school teacher but there’s a pretty good chance he won’t sign a guy that couldn’t be one.

Urban has a lot of unsavory baggage and a history of bailing when things aren’t looking rosy. Feel pretty safe in saying Urban won’t be considered, seriously.

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It's not my stance.  I'm just relaying what Alberts said in the presser and my interpretation. 

Why would he bring up values if he was just talking about being on the same page philosophically regarding xs and os, practice setup etc when he earlier eluded to those?  I took it as he was going to look for a disciplined coach (personally and with what that coach expects from his players) who does things the right way.  Otherwise he would of just said "we're going to bring in a winner" and not broach the values subject. 

He probably wasn't happy with Frost's indiscretions either but we don't know how much leeway Alberts had with boosters in firing Frost before this season's meltdown. 

My take was simply he's not going to pursue Meyer based on those comments.  

Values are great. BUT if we have a list of the 10 best coaches in America and the top 5 don’t meet our values we hire the 6th best option? Sorry but the days of college football innocence are gone. This is a business. Conference and rivalry loyalty is gone. Players switch schools every year, NIL $$, coaches getting stolen from other schools between seasons, billions in tv contracts. Etc etc etc. 

getting another TO who was one of the best coaches in the country and a devoutly honorable man are extremely rare 

3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I don't know.  Kicking players, married man hanging at the bar with co-eds, his covering up domestic violence at Ohio State, his team disintegration at Florida.  Did you listen to the presser?  I'd be shocked if Albert's considers bringing that baggage to Nebraska 

Honestly, if trev does NOT consider Urban, he needs to be fired.

You want a coach that is there to do the right things and be a good role model?  You just had him...you had one before him too...they both sucked.