Frost Fired Presser

Mavric

Alberts has a clear goal and is not doing this just to make the news. Change was needed and doing it now will maybe instill confidence in the guys. Deonte Williams had a few big wins at USC when he took over. I don't recall if they made a bowl game but they played much better after Helton was fired.

To me, Frost had some things that defined his time here. 

1 Would eventually get out coached by the 4th quarter/ late in the game.

2 Wanted to focus on offense since that was his expertise and not worry about other facets of the game. It took until year 5 to make big changes and they were on offense. 

3 He wanted the players council or leaders to discipline for him. Hence why he always talked about things never getting to the coaches and for the players to hold each other accountable. He never wanted to worry about it. That probably lead to some problems. 

4 Rarely developed players, this is why we had to raid the portal because all the talent was not ready. Most of the development happened on defense while the offensive players either stayed the same or regressed some. Lots of talent eventually left and hit the portal to actually get better. 

19 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

You sure he's even going to bring in top talent at this point? None of his coaches left OSU and he helped cover up Zach Smiths crap. Then all the stuff he got into at Jacksonville. 

Don't forget he did a fine job nurturing Aaron Hernandez at Florida ........

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if Urban would absolutely be the home run that even I think he would.

Important to remember that when he took over Florida they had finished #3, #24, #24, #25 the four years before him. When he took over at OSU they were an 11 win top 5 level team that had a single anomalous blip. Do we know that he's got the right skillset to resurrect and not just build upon an already existing strong foundation?

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I don't know if Urban would absolutely be the home run that even I think he would.

Important to remember that when he took over Florida they had finished #3, #24, #24, #25 the four years before him. When he took over at OSU they were an 11 win top 5 level team that had a single anomalous blip. Do we know that he's got the right skillset to resurrect and not just build upon an already existing strong foundation?

Well, he got the UF job because he killed it at Utah...then he took UF and won two titles...they he got to OSU and lost 4 conference games in like 8 years, and a title.

If his resume is not a home run...then there is no home run coach out there.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Who would be more of a home run?

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

Well, he got the UF job because he killed it at Utah...then he took UF and won two titles...they he got to OSU and lost 4 conference games in like 8 years, and a title.

If his resume is not a home run...then there is no home run coach out there.

This was all before the nil changes and just the beginning of transfer portal changes. Then on top of that all the crud he got into at Jacksonville. 2022 Urban is nowhere near 2012 Urban or even 2006 Urban. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Banging cocktail waitresses. 

Seriously. I just had two friends who work at UNL tell me it's common knowledge that Scott had a location and a routine for scoring tail on school property. 

My wife has friends in Lincoln with first hand knowledge also.  If folks are scared of Meyer's "shenanigans", they should be thankful Frost is gone.  

My only hope for the next coach: at least be "private" enough with the ladies so my wife doesn't constantly remind me what a "douchebag" the NU coach is...

I'd really like to watch the games in peace!