Jump to content

Does Anyone Else Feel This Could go bad?


Recommended Posts

First, the team already has two losses just three games in, and the coach is now fired. That would be demoralizing to any team, especially with nine games still left. Also, the entire coaching staff is aware that they are a lame duck staff for the next nine games. What incentive do they have now to do the best job they possibly can? It would not surprise me if the players throw in the towel on the rest of the season now. Similar events transpired in the 2007 and 2017 seasons. It seems like bad timing do this so early in the season, especially the week the team plays a top ten OU team. There is a reason why coaches typically don't get fired so early in the season. No athletic director wants to risk the team giving up on the season. Now I can see OU destroying us and the team compiling only a two or three more wins because the players and staff probably feel that the season is lost and that there is no reason to put forth their best efforts anymore. I hope I'm wrong here, but installing an interim coach so early into the season doesn't usually happen for a reason. There will likely be no reasonable improvements with an interim coach that makes it worth it to fire Frost this early. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
Link to comment


We were on track to going from bad to worse. It’s a difficult position that few coaches are successful at.
 

We had to interrupt the hemorrhaging. As it were one low after another was exceeded again and again. At least now we can begin to slowly get on a better trajectory however challenging it will be.

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment

I think this change gives NU the best chance to beat OU this weekend. No way was NU winning with Frost. The team will have some new energy, new purpose. You’ll probably see new players playing, different vibe, different plays. He has full control to do what he sees fit. Sure as hell can’t hurt, that’s for sure. 

Link to comment

27 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

We just played the 3 easiest teams on our schedule, went 1-2 against them with the lone win a lackluster victory over FCS Missouri Valley juggernaut North Dakota, on top of .333% win percentage over the the last 4+ years and somebody is worried about things getting worse this season……

 

What a time to be alive.

 

Honestly nothing much more need be said, unless we're to delve into last season, the season before... etc. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
52 minutes ago, Has Been said:

I think this change gives NU the best chance to beat OU this weekend. No way was NU winning with Frost. The team will have some new energy, new purpose. You’ll probably see new players playing, different vibe, different plays. He has full control to do what he sees fit. Sure as hell can’t hurt, that’s for sure. 

Joseph can't magically make the defense better in six days. There's zero physicality or speed on that side of the ball. It takes multiple recruiting cycles to fix that, not six days. If Georgia Southern, Northwestern, and North Dakota can move the ball effectively on this defense, then OU absolutely will. Chinander is still on staff, too, so our chances are not great. It's also a concern that we couldn't win the line of scrimmage in the first three games against cupcakes. These are huge issues that don't get fixed overnight.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, husker009 said:

Joseph can't magically make the defense better in six days. There's zero physicality or speed on that side of the ball. It takes multiple recruiting cycles to fix that, not six days. If Georgia Southern, Northwestern, and North Dakota can move the ball effectively on this defense, then OU absolutely will. Chinander is still on staff, too, so our chances are not great. It's also a concern that we couldn't win the line of scrimmage in the first three games against cupcakes. These are huge issues that don't get fixed overnight.

Those things were all true before Frost got fired. It was going to go really bad no matter what.

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, husker009 said:

First, the team already has two losses just three games in, and the coach is now fired. That would be demoralizing to any team, especially with nine games still left. Also, the entire coaching staff is aware that they are a lame duck staff for the next nine games. What incentive do they have now to do the best job they possibly can? It would not surprise me if the players throw in the towel on the rest of the season now. Similar events transpired in the 2007 and 2017 seasons. It seems like bad timing do this so early in the season, especially the week the team plays a top ten OU team. There is a reason why coaches typically don't get fired so early in the season. No athletic director wants to risk the team giving up on the season. Now I can see OU destroying us and the team compiling only a two or three more wins because the players and staff probably feel that the season is lost and that there is no reason to put forth their best efforts anymore. I hope I'm wrong here, but installing an interim coach so early into the season doesn't usually happen for a reason. There will likely be no reasonable improvements with an interim coach that makes it worth it to fire Frost this early. 

Disagree.  The assistants will do as much as they can to stay in football- no one will hire them to their staff if they are labeled quitters.

The players will give everything except for the losers.  They want to move up to starter status so they look good in the portal, still have a chance for the pros, and most are competitors with pride.  They will respond to the new coach if he is positive.  Pelini got it done.  He was a great coach with a unruly mouth and a childish brother.

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...