Does Anyone Else Feel This Could go bad?

husker009

I agree that we do not have an abundance of talent on this roster.  We do have some skill players with high upside.  Unfortunately, we don't have a line that can block long enough for a QB to make those throws on a timely manner.  Our Rb's have to run outside, to avoid 5 yard losses.  Our defense is awful, but its more on having no D-line.  I think we have some talent in the secondary and at Linebacker, but they can't cover for more than 3-4 seconds before the receiver has the advantage.  Honestly, correct our line play on both sides, and we could have a .500 ball team still this season.

This'll be a mess. The rest of this season will be the equivalent of a bloodletting. I fully expect the team to go winless, finish 1-11 and get absolutely pounded in the conference schedule. I also expect the sellout streak to end. I think this is gonna be real scorched earth stuff.

It's not going to be fun. I think we should probably brace ourselves.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I actually think this might be the only thing to save the streak. I mean I was considering not watching any more games this season but now I'm curious to see if this team starts to actually develop. 

I'm sure lots of fans were settling into the idea that we'd lose out and it would be ugly. Of course I had no expectations to start the season.

10 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

This'll be a mess. The rest of this season will be the equivalent of a bloodletting. I fully expect the team to go winless, finish 1-11 and get absolutely pounded in the conference schedule. I also expect the sellout streak to end. I think this is gonna be real scorched earth stuff.

It's not going to be fun. I think we should probably brace ourselves.

one thing I know for certain is that MJ's players love him. I expect the team to rally around him and give their best effort. I admit, I'd feel better if Chinander was let go this week; he's the black cloud hanging over the program at this point.

Mickey should probably have a discussion with Chins about the defense.  Tell him he has a week to change his play calling and get more aggressive.  Stunt, blitz whatever.  Don't put Mauga-Clements and Kolarvic on the field at the same time.  Whoever the kid was who was playing corner and touched the guy on 3 and 5 during a pivotal time of the game should probably never see the field again.  Farmer should probably be replaced.