“You think he’s better than what we got?”

AdamKuisian

2 hours ago, chamrocck said:

The line about the B1G adjusting to us was also pretty bad. I get you have to have some confidence but struck me as too much, too soon.

And here we are in year 5 and we ran almost a completely different offensive scheme in the second half of a game against, wait for it, North Dakota…. Our opponents have rarely had to adjust what they do on either side of the ball against us.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

That has nothing to do with what Frost actually said.

At the initial press conference a reporter asked how Frost would adjust/modify his system to the B1G and Frost said he hoped the B1G would have to adjust to us. The comment implied he was bringing something fresh and new to the B1G like if Oregon was suddenly in the B1G. The implication was we were going to be hard to stop and score a lot of points. It was a miserable failure. @Farms is absolutely correct in the post about rarely anyone ever adjusted to us. We saw the effort to bring in some skill players but he never rebuilt the lines and never really had the power back everyone thought was coming. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

At the initial press conference a reporter asked how Frost would adjust/modify his system to the B1G and Frost said he hoped the B1G would have to adjust to us. The comment implied he was bringing something fresh and new to the B1G like if Oregon was suddenly in the B1G. The implication was we were going to be hard to stop and score a lot of points. It was a miserable failure. @Farms is absolutely correct in the post about rarely anyone ever adjusted to us. We saw the effort to bring in some skill players but he never rebuilt the lines and never really had the power back everyone thought was coming. 

You don't even realize you put the word "hoped" in there, which is the actual quote.

My most embarrassing times as a Husker fan were Riley's blowouts.  And there were several.

Frost couldn't get the Ws, but he moved us to being more competitive.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Farms said:

And here we are in year 5 and we ran almost a completely different scheme in the second half of a game against, wait for it, North Dakota…. Our opponents have rarely had to adjust what they do on either side of the ball against us.

100%

It's why this year a coach annonomously said "We call it the all-bus team because they look better than anyone else in the West pregame. Long, long dudes, really athletic, and then after a quarter or so, you stop worrying because they usually were hurting themselves."

Literally not one team in the Big 10 adjusted to Nebraska.  They just rode out the storm and won simply by sticking to their gameplan.  Whoever this coach is that said it, literally confirmed Frost would be outcoached simply by the other coach not making any changes to their gameplan.

Mind-blowing.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

You don't even realize you put the word "hoped" in there, which is the actual quote.

My most embarrassing times as a Husker fan were Riley's blowouts.  And there were several.

Frost couldn't get the Ws, but he moved us to being more competitive.

I included “hoped” because I did know the actual quote and the context. The implication was the same that we’d see an offensive identity, wear down and put pressure on defenses, and put up points. We wanted him to succeed but he never did really any of this.

3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I included “hoped” because I did know the actual quote and the context. The implication was the same that we’d see an offensive identity, wear down and put pressure on defenses, and put up points. We wanted him to succeed but he never did really any of this.

Except you DIDN'T include 'hoped" in your first post.....but nice backpedal.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Except you DIDN'T include 'hoped" in your first post.....but nice backpedal.

:facepalm:  Are you Scott Frost? Little late for trying to redefine what you “hoped” to do! Everyone knows what the quote implied. It didn’t work out and because it was such a dumpster fire (not even coming close to what he “hoped” to do), yes it deserves a call out on why we are in this place today.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

:facepalm:  Are you Scott Frost? Little late for trying to redefine what you “hoped” to do! Everyone knows what the quote implied. It didn’t work out and because it was such a dumpster fire (not even coming close to what he “hoped” to do), yes it deserves a call out on why we are in this place today.

Am I Scott Frost?

Excellent rebuttal......

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1