Player reactions

39 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Hey all, sad outcome last night, unsurprising but disappointed decision this morning. Frost was my hero growing up. He was the guy I pretended to be during playground ball. Really wanted this to work out. 

Haven't seen any players reactions to the firing. Anyone know how they are taking it? 

I can’t seem to find the tweet but it was posted somewhere that when they announced Mickey as the interim coach there was a lot of cheers and such from the players. If there is one silver lining in this mess I believe that Mickey is an ideal interim coach. He’s an alumni that cares about the program, he’s a great recruiter, and his players love him. I think he’s a guy that guys can rally around in these tough times. He also has a great chance at being retained and provide a bit of continuity.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Farms said:

I can’t seem to find the tweet but it was posted somewhere that when they announced Mickey as the interim coach there was a lot of cheers and such from the players. If there is one silver lining in this mess I believe that Mickey is an ideal interim coach. He’s an alumni that cares about the program, he’s a great recruiter, and his players love him. I think he’s a guy that guys can rally around in these tough times. He also has a great chance at being retained and provide a bit of continuity.

I said it in another thread...I think three things are obvious form the decision today:

1) The least of Nebraska's problems is money.  It isn't even a problem.  And a good bet a booster(s) said here's the money, let's go get it done.  The school has all the resources it needs forthe head coaching search

2) There are a key core of players who believe in Mickey...and perhaps a few other assistants...

3)Trev and Mickey/other coaches feel they can still salvage somehting. There could be 3-5 winnable games and that means alot to the players right now.

I feel like these are obvious form the events of today.  Basically I am agreeing with you and not surprised the announcement of Mickey may have juiced up some players. 

• Fire 2
7 minutes ago, Farms said:

I get the "rally around him" thought...but this team needs a drastic scheme change defensively. Our DL cannot play half man on any rush, their hand fighting is piss poor and so you have to deploy a more aggressive blitz scheme to create straight line gaps. Otherwise, we will get more "effort" but same results at the end of the day.

• Plus1 4

9 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

I get the "rally around him" thought...but this team needs a drastic scheme change defensively. Our DL cannot play half man on any rush, their hand fighting is piss poor and so you have to deploy a more aggressive blitz scheme to create straight line gaps. Otherwise, we will get more "effort" but same results at the end of the day.

No doubt. My post was only in regards to player reactions. Regardless of how this season plays out it may pay dividends in regards to players coming back next year as well. 

• Plus1 1