Player reactions

re: Lavonte, it's a non-issue. This has become a common trend amongst players in the league over the last few years - week by week they'll shoutout different places they're from, including sometimes high school. No reason to see it as a dig at us, only giving props to one of the places that helped him in his journey.

• Plus1 1

I don't see/follow any players and unless someone posts it here I never know anything that they say but it seems like it would be totally normal for a lot of them to be in shock to some degree.

Most players never play for a coach that gets canned, not in HS and not in college.  It has to be an odd feeling.

For some, it will be a chance to get "a fair shake", at least in their minds, a chance to see the field and so on.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I don't see/follow any players and unless someone posts it here I never know anything that they say but it seems like it would be totally normal for a lot of them to be in shock to some degree.

Most players never play for a coach that gets canned, not in HS and not in college.  It has to be an odd feeling.

For some, it will be a chance to get "a fair shake", at least in their minds, a chance to see the field and so on.

I don’t follow any either. I have seen where some players are sad. With other coaching changes, I’ve seen players upset. I always scratch my head at that thinking, if you don’t want your coach fired, play better. 

Guys, I really think this "losing culture" gets turned around almost immediately. Offensively, I have zero concerns like everyone else. But I do think MJ needs to overhaul that defense quickly. Maybe simplify what we are doing. He knows what needs to be done. But culture starts at the top.......culture eats strategy for breakfast. We gotta get that part fixed and fast. I think the players rally around MJ. I really do. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

15 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Anyone who doesn't think that there still isn't a talent gap between Nebraska and their opponents - just look at the line of scrimmage.

How can you have ZERO push constantly on the front?  How can you blitz guys and still not get home consistently?

The transfer portal was supposed to shore some of that up, but....

It’s called Duval and his s#!tty S&C program. 

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, Gage County said:

Can you give us the quote or a link plz? I'd like to know exactly what was said and in what context.

Here's the complete article with he and Tommi Hill.  Hill alludes to getting a closer bond and not "being two circles".  No idea what that means. Looked like Hill didn't want to answer or more of an outside looking in type thing. 

https://nonpareilonline.com/sports/huskers/football/ochaun-mathis-huskers-are-sad-but-nebraskas-players-have-no-time-to-waste-this-season/article_1e495d2a-2695-5e80-b50e-4485ace042d1.html

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

It’s called Duval and his s#!tty S&C program. 

There was a poster that was banned from the other Husker website for his comments on our S&C program.  I'm not sure exactly what his ties/connections are to the program but he has been saying it for years that our S&C program is not good, and that it is a big part of our struggles.  Unfortunately that isn't something that can be fixed over night but I do expect a change there very soon.  

Just now, Farms said:

There was a poster that was banned from the other Husker website for his comments on our S&C program.  I'm not sure exactly what his ties/connections are to the program but he has been saying it for years that our S&C program is not good, and that it is a big part of our struggles.  Unfortunately that isn't something that can be fixed over night but I do expect a change there very soon.  

I have been preaching it for a couple years now.  He is not a good S&C coach.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, mwj98 said:

Guys, I really think this "losing culture" gets turned around almost immediately. Offensively, I have zero concerns like everyone else. But I do think MJ needs to overhaul that defense quickly. Maybe simplify what we are doing. He knows what needs to be done. But culture starts at the top.......culture eats strategy for breakfast. We gotta get that part fixed and fast. I think the players rally around MJ. I really do. 

I love it. :clap