Player reactions

32 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe “agrees” wasn’t the right choice of words but he isn’t stupid and he sees what we see. I mean it sure hasn’t been a winning culture. And maybe it’s just me but his presser comment sure seemed like he didn’t want the players saying crap like that, understandably, to the press. Seemed to me it was more about making the comment than the comment itself.

It’s not a big deal either way. I think MJ will deal with the culture much better than Frost has. Leading by example rather than paying lip service to it with the press.

I agree Mickey is better equipped and experienced to handle player issues like that.

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

I'm not so sure he agrees, but obviously you have a right to your opinion.

Mickey wasn't pleased about it.

Agree. I interpreted his tone as he does not see this as a player problem at all. 

except comments made by Mathis. Dude needs to shut his trap and make a tackle. 

5 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Agree. I interpreted his tone as he does not see this as a player problem at all. 

except comments made by Mathis. Dude needs to shut his trap and make a tackle. 

Agree. Shut up and do your job. He’s been a disappointment thus far. Hopefully it’s a scheme thing and that will get changed. MJ did say the D needed to play faster. I’m not exactly sure what he meant by that but I took it that he wanted them more aggressive since it’s pretty impossible to make the players faster than they are.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Agree. Shut up and do your job. He’s been a disappointment thus far. Hopefully it’s a scheme thing and that will get changed. MJ did say the D needed to play faster. I’m not exactly sure what he meant by that but I took it that he wanted them more aggressive since it’s pretty impossible to make the players faster than they are.

Chins schemes like he’s petrified. Hope if we play more aggressive against OU and we get burned by, it doesn’t piss anyone off.  Playing aggressively certainly would have worked against NW and GSU

• Plus1 1

The “culture” we were used to got robbed from us when C***ahan got hired (and all that surrounded his hiring, top down).
He literally changed the culture. Threw out what we knew. 

then we lost an actual “winning some  championships” culture during Pelini. Even tho he won a lot of games and had some freakin great players, never won that mattered most. 

we been scrambling ever since to re-establish some, any, at all culture. I think Frost did better to try and put his heart into it. Just wasn’t good enough, point blank. 

the next is way way better set up than the last 2 guys (SF, MR) to most position groups and all the new rules set up to get stuff done immediately. 

*Akron Lightning f’d Frost more than we will ever admit. That one game canceled then ruined a lot. Shot the wad first game ever and never even penetrated what could have been 

• Haha 2

On 9/12/2022 at 8:15 AM, Red Five said:

Anyone think Mathis is having some 2nd thoughts for not choosing Texas?  Or is the $$$ making up for that?

I dont have an issue with his quotes. Winning is a mentality. He isnt saying that they cant get out of it, but they need to flip the mindset.

Wins can come in bunches. I honestly have no beef with what he said. Seems like he is trying to be a part of the solution. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
11 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I dont have an issue with his quotes. Winning is a mentality. He isnt saying that they cant get out of it, but they need to flip the mindset.

Wins can come in bunches. I honestly have no beef with what he said. Seems like he is trying to be a part of the solution. 

He could've addressed his perspective to his coaches. Maybe he did. There can be a discussion about it. The public statement isn't necessary or helpful though. Like Mickey said, that's not quite right given his observations.

Winning would certainly foster having a winning culture however...

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Chins schemes like he’s petrified. Hope if we play more aggressive against OU and we get burned by, it doesn’t piss anyone off.  Playing aggressively certainly would have worked against NW and GSU

They can play faster, but if they aren't doing the right things within the system, it means nothing.  We have defenders simply not knowing what they are supposed to do.  That causes them to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and it's easy for the offense to have big plays.

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, I am I said:

The “culture” we were used to got robbed from us when C***ahan got hired (and all that surrounded his hiring, top down).
He literally changed the culture. Threw out what we knew. 

then we lost an actual “winning some  championships” culture during Pelini. Even tho he won a lot of games and had some freakin great players, never won that mattered most. 

we been scrambling ever since to re-establish some, any, at all culture. I think Frost did better to try and put his heart into it. Just wasn’t good enough, point blank. 

the next is way way better set up than the last 2 guys (SF, MR) to most position groups and all the new rules set up to get stuff done immediately. 

*Akron Lightning f’d Frost more than we will ever admit. That one game canceled then ruined a lot. Shot the wad first game ever and never even penetrated what could have been 

not-a-good-enough-reason-to-use-the-word

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Farms said:

I noticed on Twitter is lots of former players congratulating AM which is no surprise. Then it got me thinking, I never seen one single reaction or Tweet in support of Frost from any formers players either. Not a single one

I think we’ll learn a lot in the next few months, and after the season, about what being “coached” by SF was really like. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1