Oklahoma Week Pressers

Mavric

Coach Mickey Joseph Press Conference, early notes:

We are going to tackle in practice 

Told the players to block out all the noise in the media and what they are hearing

Going to pick up the tempo

"we have 9 games left, we can win those 9 games by taking them 1 game at a time"

I have a feeling this coach is going to be very energetic on the field and not just stationary.

I have a great feeling about this week already 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

IIRC, Frost's style was practice fast and then correct in the film room. Not that individual coaching doesn't happen on the field, but the focus is on getting a lot of reps and you worry about fixing the problems with those reps afterwards. Don't know if that was still the case, but if so switching to immediate corrections would be a significant change.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Coach Mickey Joseph Press Conference, early notes:

We are going to tackle in practice 

Told the players to block out all the noise in the media and what they are hearing

Going to pick up the tempo

"we have 9 games left, we can win those 9 games by taking them 1 game at a time"

I have a feeling this coach is going to be very energetic on the field and not just stationary.

I have a great feeling about this week already 

That explains a lot

20 minutes ago, M.A. said:

The romper room days are over. There’s going to be intensity and real attention to detail. Striving for excellence!

I have watched some LSU practice clips in the past, just looking at some drills and stuff like that.  They were intense.  Now, who knows if it is really that different from what NU has been doing but still. 

• Fire 1