Oklahoma Week Pressers

Mavric

40 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

^^^ I Love it!

I especially appreciate the statement about tackling.

Learning takes repetition, the experience of it over and over. Different scenarios. Experiencing other scenarios, forgetting then experiencing them again. Over time the brain changes along with muscle behavior. Without experiencing in practice, the learning occurs only on the field. That puts players at a terrible, unfortunate disadvantage. It goes along with a mindset of playing not to lose. There are risks playing to win but ultimately it comes down to practicing to win otherwise the results usually aren’t what you desired. Put away the fear of failure and be rewarded through winning!

So somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

But I've listened to pretty much every single Frost presser since he became head coach. And I don't ever remember him ever saying anything about directing what Chinander does on defense. I specifically remember early on Frost would just say "I let coach Chinander coach that side of the ball."

Now I have no idea if Mickey has the chops to help correct any of the problems we have on defense...but right out of the gate, he's at least trying. And to me that's worth a lot.

• Plus1 7
7 minutes ago, Farms said:

It's interesting that this is one of the first changes made by Joseph.  Is that really the goal to cut back on partying by players or what are the other advantages?

I don't think it will.  Dudes who like to party, party.  Everyone will know who they are too.  But what it does do is insure guys come in and get treatment.  Get in the cold tub or whatever they do to help their bodies recover from the game.  Better not to let that wait till Monday.   

• Thanks 1

the one good thing he has going that this is an actual tryout.  Most coached get hired at the end of the year and the interim coach takes over for the bowl game or last couple games of the year.  Even if they win doesn't prove much.  9 games is enough games to make your mark.  Although deep down even if he wins I don't think that will be enough unless he secures some big time recruit between now and then

1 hour ago, Farms said:

It's interesting that this is one of the first changes made by Joseph.  Is that really the goal to cut back on partying by players or what are the other advantages?

I think the first practice day after a game is light day of work anyway, so you get the players in on Sunday, do a walk through, watch film, and do some lifting.  That allows the body to have another recovery day on Monday, and then the heavy practice days are Tuesday through Thursday.

Love former HCSF;  Like a lot.  I always made it clear.  As well as 2AM.  

But since the day new HCMJo came aboard, I knew "that's my guy".  And Casey too.  Said it from the beginning days they come aboard.  Mickey is awesome.  And so is Casey.

I loved the presser.  We just got past the initial presser.  It's OU week, then bye week.  I am glad we have Whipple and Fisher from both sides of the ball, and the talent on this team. I cannot wait until we hit the field Saturday, and focus on playing football.  But, I will not anticipate any miracles overnight.

Go Huskers

1 hour ago, hskrpwr13 said:

While maybe not as smooth of speaker as some (maybe some nerves), I thought he expertly answered the questions. Super job side-stepping a couple of baiting questions.

Fired up for him!

You could tell he was probably nervous or taken back a bit by the moment, but the last half of the conference he was in the groove and rolling.

• Plus1 2