Can Mickey Hire Fresh Now?

Husker03

Just now, TonyStalloni said:

What is Ed Orgeron doing these days? Mickey kinda knows him. Maybe he's up for a challenge?

Ed O was on a podcast recently and he's spending his time partying in Florida with a 20-something blonde that he dragged from Louisiana.  I think he's doing just fine living off the LSU buyout.  The guy is 61 years old, so I don't know if he would have much of an appetite for a "challenge".

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ed O was on a podcast recently and he's spending his time partying in Florida with a 20-something blonde that he dragged from Louisiana.  I think he's doing just fine living off the LSU buyout.  The guy is 61 years old, so I don't know if he would have much of an appetite for a "challenge".

A 20-something blonde woman for a 61 year old man is enough challenge.  

• Haha 4
5 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I would think you promote from within. Me personally MJ job is on the line so what benefit does keeping EC around? 

I think a "heart to heart" is needed between MJ and EC.  MJ needs to lay out his thoughts, and if EC can help with it, keep him.  If he has an attitude, see ya.

But no NEW coaches are coming on unless they are GA's or analysts already on staff.  MJ has his staff, he just needs to make sure the right folks are pulling the strings.

5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I think a "heart to heart" is needed between MJ and EC.  MJ needs to lay out his thoughts, and if EC can help with it, keep him.  If he has an attitude, see ya.

But no NEW coaches are coming on unless they are GA's or analysts already on staff.  MJ has his staff, he just needs to make sure the right folks are pulling the strings.

Clearly I think that Scott Frost let EC decide what the best possible gameplan for defense every week and that was his downfall. EC from a defensive coordinator position really has never made great adjustments to put the defense in the best possible position to succeed. Your right on about hiring within the staff but no way do I sit down with EC and say this is what I think. Nope you had your shot and you blew it.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Clearly I think that Scott Frost let EC decide what the best possible gameplan for defense every week and that was his downfall. EC from a defensive coordinator position really has never made great adjustments to put the defense in the best possible position to succeed. Your right on about hiring within the staff but no way do I sit down with EC and say this is what I think. Nope you had your shot and you blew it.

I want to agree with you.

But, I see MJ meeting with EC and saying "this is what I want our defense to be.  Can you make that happen?"  It's not like EC doesn't have the capability to stop different situations or put in certain players in certain situations.  He has a 5-3. 3-4, 4-4, Nickel, whatever, in the the playbook.  But EC and MJ need to be on the same page about how they approach and opponent.  "Bend but don't break" or "GATA"?  We're about to see...

The UCF vs. Auburn bowl game showed Chin can get after it.  Does MJ let him off the leash?

If EC says yes, then keep him on.  If he says "no, that's not what I do" then see ya!

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

But, I see MJ meeting with EC and saying "this is what I want our defense to be.  Can you make that happen?"  It's not like EC doesn't have the capability to stop different situations or put in certain players in certain situations.  He has a 5-3. 3-4, 4-4, Nickel, whatever, in the the playbook.  But EC and MJ need to be on the same page about how they approach and opponent.  "Bend but don't break" or "GATA"?  We're about to see...

The UCF vs. Auburn bowl game showed Chin can get after it.  Does MJ let him off the leash?

If EC says yes, then keep him on.  If he says "no, that's not what I do" then see ya!

I just think you promote from within to bring a new set of ideas to attack opposing offenses.

6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

To me if MJ does decide to go that route with how you said it then he has to figure a new coach is going to be replacing him after the season bc me personally I don't think EC has truly ever been a great defensive coordinator and im putting it in a nice way.

I don't underestimate what Mickey might do. There'll be conversations about possible adjustments that could be made in a collaborative, respectful way. That's likely to be true across the board. He'll do whatever he can do to get the most out of his staff and players to achieve the objective of winning.  

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

To me if MJ does decide to go that route with how you said it then he has to figure a new coach is going to be replacing him after the season bc me personally I don't think EC has truly ever been a great defensive coordinator and im putting it in a nice way.

Maybe...

"IF" Chinander has been working within a framework given by Frost, give him the chance to work within Joseph's.  See where it goes.

UCF's defenses weren't scary, so I'm most likely hoping against hope...

Chins had four years of our defense slowly improving then we graduate a ton and now we're having very rough rebuilding year and we want him to be out of a job 9 games before he most likely will be anyway?  The hay (or lack there of) is already in the barn - Would a new DC for 9 games really change anything?  Give the man 9 more games 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Chins had four years of our defense slowly improving then we graduate a ton and now we're having very rough rebuilding year and we want him to be out of a job 9 games before he most likely will be anyway?  The hay (or lack there of) is already in the barn - Would a new DC for 9 games really change anything?  Give the man 9 more games 

Sorry man, you lost your voice here.  

• Thanks 2