Where do we go from here?

Ok, so Frost is gone.  

The head coach is now Mickey Joseph.  

Where do we go from here?  Do we consider it a wash, or do we rally behind this team 100% and keep them fired up for the remaining 9 games?

WE are still Nebraska Cornhusker Fans.  Depending on how this plays out, Mickey Joseph should be in contention for the Head Coaching Job. 

We still bleed Scarlet Red

Be LOUD, be PROUD and hold your heads up high.  Let the cheers outweigh the boos in the Stadium.  

• Plus1 1

We friggin rally and get behind this team! When I read where Mathis said right now it's a losing culture, that speaks volumes.....volumes.  But there is a lot of pressure on Joseph this week. Foxsports in town.....historical rival on deck. National TV. They need all the support they can get.

GBR!! 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

We friggin rally and get behind this team! When I read where Mathis said right now it's a losing culture, that speaks volumes.....volumes.  But there is a lot of pressure on Joseph this week. Foxsports in town.....historical rival on deck. National TV. They need all the support they can get.

GBR!! 

There seems to be a division in attitudes and culture between the "new guys"/transfers and the "old guys"/guys who have been in the program a few years.  The "old guys" seem to be the ones with the "losing is ok" attitude.  Re-building through the Transfer Portal can be done, but it takes strong leadership to get the roster on the same page.  Obviously, strong leadership wasn't Frost's strong suit.

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There seems to be a division in attitudes and culture between the "new guys"/transfers and the "old guys"/guys who have been in the program a few years.  The "old guys" seem to be the ones with the "losing is ok" attitude.  Re-building through the Transfer Portal can be done, but it takes strong leadership to get the roster on the same page.  Obviously, strong leadership wasn't Frost's strong suit.

OK, how is the "losing is OK" attitude manifesting itself?  Is it lack of work in practice?  Is it not taking their jobs serious?  Is it not caring what you look like in games?

I know there are people on this team that care about winning.  Look at people like Nelson, Riemer, Gifford, Newsome who have to be extremely embarrassed as to how the defense looked on Saturday.  Don't those people get into the faces of the players that don't care?  Don't the coaches see it?  Do we really think that coaches like Dawson, Fisher, Ruud and even Chinander don't care about winning?

I'm not saying I don't think that attitude is there.  I'm just wondering how?

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No fear of losing!    I’m thinking Mickey Joseph, Raiola, Ruud, Fisher, Dawson, Applewhite and Whipple might not see that montra as the best team motto!   How about just Let’s go win cause losing sucks!   

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, how is the "losing is OK" attitude manifesting itself?  Is it lack of work in practice?  Is it not taking their jobs serious?  Is it not caring what you look like in games?

I know there are people on this team that care about winning.  Look at people like Nelson, Riemer, Gifford, Newsome who have to be extremely embarrassed as to how the defense looked on Saturday.  Don't those people get into the faces of the players that don't care?  Don't the coaches see it?  Do we really think that coaches like Dawson, Fisher, Ruud and even Chinander don't care about winning?

I'm not saying I don't think that attitude is there.  I'm just wondering how?

There have been plenty of rumors of coaches showing up late, spending nights out at bars (or maybe one particular bar), and just having an overall low level of work-ethic, which trickles down to the players.  I have heard a lack of accountability being Frost's biggest down fall, so that lack of accountability helps lead to a losing mentality within the players.  The players feel like they can take shortcuts in practice, or have less focus in techniques and fundamentals.

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There have been plenty of rumors of coaches showing up late, spending nights out at bars (or maybe one particular bar), and just having an overall low level of work-ethic, which trickles down to the players.  I have heard a lack of accountability being Frost's biggest down fall, so that lack of accountability helps lead to a losing mentality within the players.  The players feel like they can take shortcuts in practice, or have less focus in techniques and fundamentals.

I heard yesterday that Trev wanted to fire Frost after the NW game and was told no by either administration or boosters.  

I wonder if Joseph has been telling Trev about this since he got here and it's finally come to a head.

Now, it will be interesting to see if the coaches are held accountable for this attitude.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have heard the same things.

• Plus1 1

Do your best.  Get behind (and listen to) new HCMJo... prepare the best you can.  After OU is a bye week.

And that is when the B1G starts.  All of our goals of winning the division are still there and intact.  

Gotta get the defense playing a lot better (it is possible).  

Day-by-Day.  Go Huskers.

• Oh Yeah! 1

IMO the apparent disconnect between the newer players on the roster to the players who have been there longer doesn't have to do with being 'OK with losing.' I don't believe for one moment that 95+% of that locker room is satisfied with their performance this season.

It is more about the differences in their experiences - one group of guys who might be used to something, versus another group of guys who are experiencing something for the first time. It is REALLY easy to be the new guy somewhere and publicly point out alleged problems... much easier than it is to be the person who has been there 3-4 years and has the institutional knowledge/background of why things are the way they are.

• Fire 1
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I saw mentioned elsewhere that we have a bye week after OU.  That couldn't come at a better time.  We need to get through this week being as competitive as we can be.  Then, Joseph has two weeks to prepare the program for the rest of the year.

I heard this mentioned yesterday and it was a great point.  Plus, it's 2 weeks to prepare for the rest of the Big Ten schedule, starting with Indiana.

If Trev had waited until Oct. 2nd, NU would have had to slog through this OU week with everyone discussing Frost's job status, and then a 2-week stretch of Frost being a lame duck.