Do you think the Nebraska job is a Rebuild or they can win now

17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I haven’t watched the game yet (I was playing golf) but the outcome isn’t surprising. NU is a VERY BAD football program right now. There is very little talent, no depth, and needs an overall attitude change.

clearly OU has much better talent.  we just have no talent or very little.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I say a rebuild either through existing player development or new players. It’s likely some of both. It’s painfully obvious our LBs are not conference material.  Not sure they would start on my son’s HS team. Could someone come in and develop some of the DL and secondary? I think probably.

existing player development isn't a rebuild

I honestly thought it was possible that Mickey Joseph and a jolt to the system would get better performance out of the same talent. I thought they could win now WHILE they staged the rebuild. 

But both mentally and physically today......wow. 

It's hard to argue that Nebraska isn't one of the worst teams in P5 football right now. 

not to over simplify it but both our o and d lines r complete garbage.  despite football being spread/air it out these days, you still need quality to elite line play, on both sides to make it work.  We havent placed quality O or d line guys to the NFL for now 10 years and the record follows that incompetence.  

Rebuild the lines and getting back to respectability happens a lot quicker

• Plus1 1

It is not a complete rebuild. Not in Nebraska. Believe or not, Nebraska fans are still the best fans in all of college football and this place has a rich history and tradition. The right coach will have us competing in our first year and may be competing for conference championship in the second year. We have some talent and the right coach will have our guys playing hard. The truth of the matter is that our players have zero respect for the current coaching staff and I do not blame them. Players respect winning coaches who can lead them to victories. Frost has lost so many games that he just lost his team and coaches along the way and our players got accustomed to losing and not feeling any pain for losses. The right coach will have these players be more upset about losing a game than happy for winning one. It is about pride and swagger. Something that husker teams have not had since the team with Ndamukong Suh. Meyer hates losing. That is what we need. A complete culture change will pull the best out of this current roster. The defense lost all respect for Chin and it shows on the field. Players will not be able to pull that crap with a coach like Meyer.

19 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I say a rebuild either through existing player development or new players. It’s likely some of both. It’s painfully obvious our LBs are not conference material.  Not sure they would start on my son’s HS team. Could someone come in and develop some of the DL and secondary? I think probably.

They need to get bigger guys to develop not the 6'2 280 defensive tackle.