Do you think the Nebraska job is a Rebuild or they can win now

9 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Utah was in the Mountain West Conference.

Which means that Utah was actually in the Mountain West conference. It is part of why I am leery of Campbell and his just over 500 record. As a coach, you are what your results are. Anymore, in college football, the team you coach is playing other similar level teams. So, your prowess as a coach is what it is. You win a lot of games in the Sun Belt, chances are you could win games at a more major conference, although that is not a given.. You go .500 in the Sun Belt, chances are you aren't going to do a lot better in a major conference. 

Urban did it in a lot of conferences. If I'm betting, I'd put my money on that.

6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

After today we are for sure in a rebuild. Yes we have some skill goys but no enough. The lines are terrible and have not been developed with sufficient depth 

I thought we'd be able to sell a team with a lot of quality players that haven't been getting put in position to win.  After the last two games I'm more convinced that this is basically a complete rebuild.  We're possibly going to have to convince a coach to try and come and take over a 2-10 team with horrible lines on both sides of the ball.  Which sucks because I'd argue it'd be easier to pluck a couple skill players from the portal but it takes years to build quality and depth on the lines.  It just seems that the extra year of keeping Frost and this staff is going to set us back for years regardless of who comes in next.

What I think everyone is afraid to admit is that we don't have enough talent on either side of the ball.  If you have been watching this team play for the last few years or coaching regimes, its so noticable.  We lack speed on both sides of the ball and for sure. our line play is non-existent.  Strength and conditioning is lacking.  Maybe more of the latter.  We are not bringing in guys who can run 4.5 and improving them to 4.4.  You hear of so many players across the nation talk about arriving on campus somewhere and increasing speed and strength.  We are not. 

Its a complete rebuild for the program.  It starts with every facet of the game.  We once dominated the weightrooms across the game.  We are now behind programs by at least a decade. 

Find me a coach who can revive our strength and conditioning program.  We should key in on a recruiter first, and then a whole new approach to strength and conditioning.  Those two things alone win us 6 games a season.

We are Kansas and that is an insult to the present day Kansas. A new coach will need to recognize this and be prepared for a total rebuild 

I can’t believe that under one of our own we fell to this depth.  All of the coach speak was smoke & mirrors to divert our attention away from his lack of attention to details, discipline and putting in the work to build the team.  As a fan I feel cheated and abused 

6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

We are Kansas and that is an insult to the present day Kansas. A new coach will need to recognize this and be prepared for a total rebuild 

I can’t believe that under one of our own we fell to this depth.  All of the coach speak was smoke & mirrors to divert our attention away from his lack of attention to details, discipline and putting in the work to build the team.  As a fan I feel cheated and abused 

I think it just takes the right type of coach and his staff to recruit here. If you go look at Scott Frost first recruiting class 2018 there was all that buzz bc of UCF beating Auburn and going undefeated but more then half of those guys are long gone(transferred out, getting kicked off the team, never making it here bc of grades.) Thats what not only hurt him but when you don't have great recruiters and you bring in average guys the following cycle and you have at best average coaches your going to suffer tremendously. Average coaching staffs won't and don't work here and never will. SF struck out on alot of kids bc he lost his buzz along time ago and bc he didn't surround himself with the best possible staff. He was too young in his coaching career to get well respected coaches to help turn us around. 

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Urban did it in a lot of conferences. If I'm betting, I'd put my money on that.

Urban is also a creepy groper who made a bad Jacksonville team way worse. What makes you think he would take this job after what happened in Jacksonville? He needs assured success otherwise he is better off as a mythical being who turns any college program into a national powerhouse. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Urban is also a creepy groper who made a bad Jacksonville team way worse. What makes you think he would take this job after what happened in Jacksonville? He needs assured success otherwise he is better off as a mythical being who turns any college program into a national powerhouse. 

I guess you never heard of a guy named Nick Saban? He didn't exactly knock it out of the park with the Dolphins. College football is a totally different animal from the NFL. NFL success has zero correlation to college success. As for your "assured success" remark, how exactly was he assured success at Bowling Green and Utah? 

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I guess you never heard of a guy named Nick Saban? He didn't exactly knock it out of the park with the Dolphins. College football is a totally different animal from the NFL. NFL success has zero correlation to college success. As for your "assured success" remark, how exactly was he assured success at Bowling Green and Utah? 

He was an up an coming coach trying to cut his teeth when he was coaching for Bowling Green and Utah. Now he has a reputation to uphold and after Jacksonville he can't afford another failure. If you think Sabans stint with the Dolphins is the same as Jacksonville last year maybe its time you refresh your memory. Saban wasn't fired from the Dolphins, he accepted the Alabama job after going 9-7 and 6-10. A far cry from Meyers time in the NFL. And frankly, the Nebraska job is a far cry from the Alabama job. Its easier at Bama plain and simple.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

I think Urban himself would not be happy taking the Alabama job next year from Saban and winning some more.  I obviously don't know for sure... But when it comes to college coaching options, I truly believe Urban wants to put his mark on something again to regenerate the respect he lost after he did what he did at OSU. There aren't very many HUGE programs in disarray to do that in.

What I think the question for Urban would be is this... Do I want to coach again or am I happy with the cash I already have combined with the low-key life I can lead with side broadcasting gigs.   Because if he wants to put all the work into coaching a major program again, the only program I can think of that would make him "proud" of what he accomplished is NU.

He doesn't want to coach Temple and turn it around. He doesn't want to coach a successful team that has been built by another. He doesn't want to take 3m/year from Colorado and make them good.  The intrigue is taking NU back to the zenith.. If he can do that, he is legendary. Not only in Nebraska, but also in the eyes of the entire college football world, which, for whatever reason, still is interested in what happens at NU. He can write his name in the history books right alongside Saban as one of the greatest college football coaches ever with this move, something he doesn't have another great path to in any other scenario. Yes, he's proven he's a great college coach.. But there is an echelon only attainable to him if he would win at this.

It sounds like he is more interested in that prospect than I ever would have thought, the fact that he EVEN entered the chat speaks volumes.. I certainly hope we don't f it up on our end.