Do you think the Nebraska job is a Rebuild or they can win now

Depends on what "win now" looks like. If we are simply talking about bowl eligibility or 7/8 wins its absolutely possible with the right staff out the gate. If we are talking about being legitimate championship contenders within the big ten, that will take a few years. This is assuming the staff can maximize on field success and parlay that into recruiting wins.

20 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

Depends on what "win now" looks like. If we are simply talking about bowl eligibility or 7/8 wins its absolutely possible with the right staff out the gate. If we are talking about being legitimate championship contenders within the big ten, that will take a few years. This is assuming the staff can maximize on field success and parlay that into recruiting wins.

Hire Meyer, and I guarantee that there will be plenty of kids in the portal who want to play for him, and the turnaround will be quick while he recruits his own guys in the meantime.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Absolutely and I'm saying failure here drives him even further that direction. He probably does want to go out a winner but he can't afford to lose again IMO. He would be better off as a college legend and NFL failure than a guy who can't coach anymore. Just my 2 cents

Just curious as to who your top choices would be?

26 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well you made your point that Saban won more football games in the NFL but the Dolphins were going to fire him. There was alot of chatter about his loses. In the end does it really matter how much more games he won or that he lasted 2 years instead of not even one. Not really bc HE WAS A FAILURE. We aren't talking who is a bigger failure bc in the end both didn't succeed period.

Oh yeah Nuff said!!!!:snacks:

46 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Hire Meyer, and I guarantee that there will be plenty of kids in the portal who want to play for him, and the turnaround will be quick while he recruits his own guys in the meantime.

Even though I don't think it will be Meyer, nor does it need to be. I'd take Meyer fyi. Just a guy that understands recruiting the Midwest particularly for OL, DL and LB but employs a staff that can attract skill. 

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Just curious as to who your top choices would be?

Not sure who I would task to fix this situation but Mark Stoops, Chadwell, Rhule. 2 of those seem pretty unrealistic gets but who knows what big money can get us. Im sure there are other quality candidates

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not sure who I would task to fix this situation but Mark Stoops, Chadwell, Rhule. 2 of those seem pretty unrealistic gets but who knows what big money can get us. Im sure there are other quality candidates

Don’t understand the love for Chadwell. Can someone enlighten me? The win/loss seems generous to his skills as a coach and his success seems least likely to translate among anyone that’s been mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Don’t understand the love for Chadwell. Can someone enlighten me? The win/loss seems generous to his skills as a coach and his success seems least likely to translate among anyone that’s been mentioned. 

He might have a good offense but how is his defense? Does he have the same mind set of SF just outscore most teams and have a bend but don't break defense? What kind of defense does he run? What kind of assistant coaches does he have? Those are all questions that Trev needs to ask personally to each candidate in my book? How are you prepared to bring Nebraska back to glory???

• Fire 1

The issue with the culture down there in Lincoln is beyond the football team.  It's infected the staff.

Nepotism, "good ol boy" network mess. 

Show me the results based job in which you can be MEDIOCRE (at best), HORRIBLE (at worst), get paid millions or hundreds of thousands of dollars, and still keep your job?

It is past time that folks start putting their feet down, boots up people's arses, and stop giving out these free paychecks.