Do you think the Nebraska job is a Rebuild or they can win now

4 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

The issue with the culture down there in Lincoln is beyond the football team.  It's infected the staff.

Nepotism, "good ol boy" network mess. 

Show me the results based job in which you can be MEDIOCRE (at best), HORRIBLE (at worst), get paid millions or hundreds of thousands of dollars, and still keep your job?

It is past time that folks start putting their feet down, boots up people's arses, and stop giving out these free paychecks.

This is why I don't see the check book coming out for Urban.  Who can say he won't come here,  take a paycheck, and end up going to Notre Dame or such team after one or two years?  Sure he might get us back to maybe 6 wins in year one, but this job right now is not Ohio St or Florida.  He won games at those two stops easier.  He didn't inherit a team that needed to win 6 games.  It is much easier to take a 6-7 win team and win 8-9 games and look like a savior.  I agree, he is a really good football coach, and I would maybe give him a try, but to think that this job is as easy as going to Ohio St or Florida is so misleading.  Even Utah has some instate recruits that are really good. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

This is why I don't see the check book coming out for Urban.  Who can say he won't come here,  take a paycheck, and end up going to Notre Dame or such team after one or two years?  Sure he might get us back to maybe 6 wins in year one, but this job right now is not Ohio St or Florida.  He won games at those two stops easier.  He didn't inherit a team that needed to win 6 games.  It is much easier to take a 6-7 win team and win 8-9 games and look like a savior.  I agree, he is a really good football coach, and I would maybe give him a try, but to think that this job is as easy as going to Ohio St or Florida is so misleading.  Even Utah has some instate recruits that are really good. 

I wouldn't say that Urbs wouldn't be good here right off the bat.  Guy can coach at the college level, and he gives instant name recognition.  This whole "Recruits won't come here" excuse has always been BS to me. 

Kids are going to go where they think they can win games and get boosted to the next level.  Last time I checked, places like Starksville, Eugene, Pullman, and Lansing aren't the best stops to go to for things to do.

Urban turned Utah into a powerhouse, and did wonders at Bowling Green.  That being said, I think he's past it, personally.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
7 hours ago, TonkaSker said:

Don’t understand the love for Chadwell. Can someone enlighten me? The win/loss seems generous to his skills as a coach and his success seems least likely to translate among anyone that’s been mentioned. 

Seems like a good coach but I don't know anything really. I'm sure there are many other great candidates besides him. We need someone who is gonna want to build this thing from the ground up because it seems we have a ways to go.