Jump to content

Do you think the Nebraska job is a Rebuild or they can win now


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t see that talent that people keep on referencing. There is some talent at the skill positions, but not nearly enough depth.  The defense has very few playmakers (if any).

 

Our talent level is middle of the pack in the West, but the good thing is that the top isn’t that far ahead. I am not talking about recruiter talent, I’m talking about the talent I see on the field every game.

 

I think this team is closer to a rebuild, than a win quickly rebuild. The good part, is that a turnaround may be available with the transfer portal, but the long rebuild needs to be completed on both lines. 

I agree. I think we have 6-6 talent because both lines are somewhere between bad and awful. Going to take 4+ years to really revamp both lines and expect 9+ wins.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think our starting O line has the talent to compete for west championships. 
 

I didn’t say we were going to win the conference or playoff games. I simply said we have the talent to compete and win a west championship. 
 

the D line is lighter in talent. But, there’s enough talent there for the front seven to be playing much better. Rewatching them, you will see that many of the breakdowns are players not doing the right thing. Such as an LB filling the wrong hole. That doesn’t mean that player doesn’t have talent to fill the hole. He just filled the wrong one. 

 

You really need to get on staff.  If it's as easy as you state we should get you on staff as a GA and fix this.  It sounds like there is no reason to paying any big dollars to fix this, you've got the answer to get the player to either make a hole or fill it.

 

We were always told we were just one player away.  Now, it's just breakdowns that are all fixable.  These guys were all-world in the off-season, now they can't make any improvements against lessor opponents then they practiced  against for months.

 

Man, Scott really did get screwed.  Poor fella.  Wonder what the hell TA was doing getting rid of Frost now.  Geez.  It's just a gap thing.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree that good coaching and improved development should be able to take NU from 3-9/4-8 to 6-6/7-5. However, the roster is a ways away from getting to the 9-3/10-2 level. That’s rebuilding the program.

 

Maybe the West is so bad that an 8-4 year would win the division in weird years, but most years the record will have to be better than that. 

I think 6-6/7-5 year 1 or 2.  get some recruits in and develop kids.  Improve from there.  Seemed like we "reached" too many times in an attempt to get our numbers or stars but they didn't pan out.  Unsure if it's a true rebuild, but the new staff will need to work hard form day 1 for sure.  More like a remodel:D

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think 6-6/7-5 year 1 or 2.  get some recruits in and develop kids.  Improve from there.  Seemed like we "reached" too many times in an attempt to get our numbers or stars but they didn't pan out.  Unsure if it's a true rebuild, but the new staff will need to work hard form day 1 for sure.  More like a remodel:D

Hopefully Trev’s wife doesn’t have any big ideas of tearing down a load-bearing wall for a more open floor plan. That will add way too much time and $ to the remodel. 

Link to comment

38 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Your analysis of the o-line is much different than mine. Other than Prochazka, I see a lot of below average players. I see too many guys on the front 6-7 getting pushed around to consider them talented. 
 

Sam McKewon made a good point in his OWH article today. The roster is built with long and fast players, but he doesn’t see any freak athletes with strength and fast twitch. That’s the type of talent that is missing. 

And you don't think with the right coach that he couldn't get those guys to be good. Like I said it takes the right coach to get that out of a player and by the way its EC fault that he doesn't put them in the best possible position to succeed on defense. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

And you don't think with the right coach that he couldn't get those guys to be good. Like I said it takes the right coach to get that out of a player and by the way its EC fault that he doesn't put them in the best possible position to succeed on defense. 

Yes, the right coach could take the current team to 6-6/7-5, and if everything goes right in one year, maybe 8-4/9-3. However, being in the top 3-4 of the Big Ten on a regular basis is going to take more time. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, the right coach could take the current team to 6-6/7-5, and if everything goes right in one year, maybe 8-4/9-3. However, being in the top 3-4 of the Big Ten on a regular basis is going to take more time. 

All it takes is winning, winning solves all the problems. If kids know your a winner then they will play for you. Its that simple.

Link to comment
52 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Your analysis of the o-line is much different than mine. Other than Prochazka, I see a lot of below average players. I see too many guys on the front 6-7 getting pushed around to consider them talented. 
 

Sam McKewon made a good point in his OWH article today. The roster is built with long and fast players, but he doesn’t see any freak athletes with strength and fast twitch. That’s the type of talent that is missing. 

We have been saying this for years about our line. Then, they go off and make an NFL roster and play. 
 

So, did they not have the talent here, but all of a sudden have Talent when they get to the NFL?

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

We have been saying this for years about our line. Then, they go off and make an NFL roster and play. 
 

So, did they not have the talent here, but all of a sudden have Talent when they get to the NFL?

Because those linemen weren’t recruited by Frost and his staff. I don’t see any talent on the current o-line. At least not All-Conference team talent. 

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

If  MJ leaves its gonna be a rebuild. Will lose a lot of recruits he brought.

 

If MJ finishes this season strong with  a winning record, which i think he will then it will be a fixing the defensive staff and lines.

I read that MJ is moving Chin to safeties and Fish to DB and nickel....

 

 

Link to comment
41 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

 

You really need to get on staff.  If it's as easy as you state we should get you on staff as a GA and fix this.  It sounds like there is no reason to paying any big dollars to fix this, you've got the answer to get the player to either make a hole or fill it.

 

We were always told we were just one player away.  Now, it's just breakdowns that are all fixable.  These guys were all-world in the off-season, now they can't make any improvements against lessor opponents then they practiced  against for months.

 

Man, Scott really did get screwed.  Poor fella.  Wonder what the hell TA was doing getting rid of Frost now.  Geez.  It's just a gap thing.

What the heck are you even talking about?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...