Yahoo Sports releases Top 7 candidates

Which of these seven candidates would you prefer?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As fans, we don't deserve anything.   The players deserve a chance to be successful.  Maybe Campbell gives them that shot, maybe he doesn't.   Neither one of us really know.  Frost was the Jim Harbaugh type.

The difference about SF and Jim Harbaugh was Jim had way more success at Stanford while SF had only one successful season as a coach. Jim was way more experienced then Scott before both went back to their own schools. 

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

The difference about SF and Jim Harbaugh was Jim had way more success at Stanford while SF had only one successful season as a coach. Jim was way more experienced then Scott before both went back to their own schools. 

And he coached in a Super Bowl. 

11 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yeah. Harbaugh is a weird and prickly guy,  but he literally turned around every team that hired him overnight: San Diego, Stanford, San Francisco 49ers, and Michigan.

Nebraska needs to hire the next Jim Harbaugh, but we need to find him when he's coming out of San Diego. 

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

And he coached in a Super Bowl. 

Scott Frost wasn't and isn't the Jim Harbaugh type. He never has been. We all thought since he had one great season then there was nobody else that could or would turn it around. Almost into year 5 we have the same defensive coordinator that is below average at best STILL HERE!!! Scott never once thought to change that???? If you don't see results after 1 or 2 years then change it. 

24 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's true.  He was also 100% our Jim Harbaugh hire.  Hottest name out there that came here because he was an alum.  Not because we "deserved" it.  That's not likey to happen again.  Maybe some day with Zac Taylor.  That's the only faint glimmer of hope.

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

My list is a wish list but realistically I'd wonder why people don't mention or have Kyle Whittingham on their wish list. He knows how to coach as well.

I think he is a good coach but remember who he took over after? Urban Meyer who went 12-0 at Utah. It also took him 11 years to win a Pac 12 title. 

5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Scott Frost wasn't and isn't the Jim Harbaugh type. He never has been. We all thought since he had one great season then there was nobody else that could or would turn it around. Almost into year 5 we have the same defensive coordinator that is below average at best STILL HERE!!! Scott never once thought to change that???? If you don't see results after 1 or 2 years then change it. 

And when I say see results they have to be drastic results not go from 120 to 90(overall defense rankings) but 120 to 50 or below which was never the case.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As fans, we don't deserve anything.   The players deserve a chance to be successful.  Maybe Campbell gives them that shot, maybe he doesn't.   Neither one of us really know. Frost was the Jim Harbaugh type.

Apparently while drinking, The Dude said:  "As fans, we don't deserve anything."   Uh-huh. 

Then:  "The players deserve a chance to be successful."  I'm with you there.

And then:  "Maybe Campbell gives them that shot, maybe he doesn't."  Duh.. ya think so? 

Aaand then:  "Neither one of us really know."  I hate to repeat myself, but.. Duh.. ya think so?

Aaaaand finally the comedy closing:  "Frost was the Jim Harbaugh type."  They need you at The Zoo Bar for scripted banter between live band sets. 

8 minutes ago, Hagg said:

Apparently while drinking, The Dude said:  "As fans, we don't deserve anything."   Uh-huh. 

Then:  "The players deserve a chance to be successful."  I'm with you there.

And then:  "Maybe Campbell gives them that shot, maybe he doesn't."  Duh.. ya think so? 

Aaand then:  "Neither one of us really know."  I hate to repeat myself, but.. Duh.. ya think so?

Aaaaand finally the comedy closing:  "Frost was the Jim Harbaugh type."  They need you at The Zoo Bar for scripted banter between live band sets. 

We don't get to revise history and pretend Scott Frost wasn't 100% our Jim Harbaugh hire because it didn't go as planned.  

And no we don't deserve anything.   That's just entitled whining.  If you're not on the team you don't deserve anything. Sorry to break it to you.

Semi related: I'm assuming Auburn will fire Bryan Harsin at some point this season. Nebraska and Auburn will be interesting case studies.

Neither is one of the three best jobs in their conference, but both are name-brand schools. Both are in conferences that will dwarf the rest of the competition in money, so they could realistically pay a new coach 8-10 million a year.

And lastly, with the 12-team playoff coming soon, both are in conferences where you could finish third in the league and still make the playoffs. The ACC, Big 12 and Pac 12 can't say that. So while it may not happen, Nebraska and/or Auburn could potentially get someone from one of those three leagues that looks very surprising on paper right now. 

• Plus1 1