Yahoo Sports releases Top 7 candidates

Which of these seven candidates would you prefer?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm really pulling for Mickey (for his recruiting ability alone), and want to see him succeed, but let's be real: he's in a very tough predicament. They'll be 1-4 after Saturday, and would need to win 5 of 8 just to become bowl eligible. If he can somehow pull off a miracle and get this team back on track and winning, then he definitely deserves a shot. But if not -- Meyer is far and away my top pick.

As for Aranda, he was LSU's DC on their national championship-winning team in 2019, and that earned him quite a bit of recognition & attention.

We are going to lose TWICE on Saturday?! Even Frost never lost twice in one day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

This shouldn't be so difficult to understand.

It takes a lot of work to take a program from 3-9 to 9-3. The distance between 3 and 9 wins is way shorter than 9 and 12. Clemson may never get back there. You've gotta get there first though.

Right, we need someone to get us back to 9-3. That also means we probably aren't luring the guys away that are looking for a 9-3 to take to 12-0. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

Urban Meyer is interested only because the Nebraska job has become a cash cow, plain & simple. We've got a whole series of coaches now, who came here for the dump truck  full of cash they would "earn" and then the three dump trucks full of cash they would get paid to leave after they have dashed the hopes and dreams of eternally optimistic Nebraska fans.

AD Steve Pederson fires Solich with no plan to replace him whatsoever. He woos Urban Meyer when he as still at Utah (5 year contract worth $400K/year). He interviewed interim Head Coach Bo Pelini and former NU QB Turner Gill, but hires Bill Callahan.

AD Pederson is fired and replaced by Tom Osborne, who fires Callahan and hires Bo Pelini.

Osborne retires as AD (for the 2nd time) and is replaced by Eichorst.

Eichorst fires Pelini and hires Riley.

Eichorst is fired and replaced by Moos.

Moos fires Riley and does what he was brought to Nebraska to do - hire Scott Frost. The inexplicable thing he did was to later give him a contract extension.

Moos suddenly "retires" and is replaced by Trev Albert. His Job One is to fire Scott Frost and hire his replacement, but not until some apparently powerful boosters finally understand Frost is never going to be the answer. 

Frost gets a bigger buyout than the previous three coaches combined (though not by much). Alberts has bought himself some time to deliberate by making Mickey Joseph the interim. There is an outside chance Mickey shines and makes his job difficult, but make no mistake - Trev Alberts reputation as an AD is going to be based entirely on how this decision plays out.  Osborne is the only one who made a good decision at HC hire, and I hope he's still serving as a consultant (for both Mickey and Trev).

I just don't feel good about Urban Meyer. He's just a ...  

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Urban Meyer is interested only because the Nebraska job has become a cash cow, plain & simple. We've got a whole series of coaches now, who came here for the dump truck  full of cash they would "earn" and then the three dump trucks full of cash they would get paid to leave after they have dashed the hopes and dreams of eternally optimistic Nebraska fans.

AD Steve Pederson fires Solich with no plan to replace him whatsoever. He woos Urban Meyer when he as still at Utah (5 year contract worth $400K/year). He interviewed interim Head Coach Bo Pelini and former NU QB Turner Gill, but hires Bill Callahan.

AD Pederson is fired and replaced by Tom Osborne, who fires Callahan and hires Bo Pelini.

Osborne retires as AD (for the 2nd time) and is replaced by Eichorst.

Eichorst fires Pelini and hires Riley.

Eichorst is fired and replaced by Moos.

Moos fires Riley and does what he was brought to Nebraska to do - hire Scott Frost. The inexplicable thing he did was to later give him a contract extension.

Moos suddenly "retires" and is replaced by Trev Albert. His Job One is to fire Scott Frost and hire his replacement, but not until some apparently powerful boosters finally understand Frost is never going to be the answer. 

Frost gets a bigger buyout than the previous three coaches combined (though not by much). Alberts has bought himself some time to deliberate by making Mickey Joseph the interim. There is an outside chance Mickey shines and makes his job difficult, but make no mistake - Trev Alberts reputation as an AD is going to be based entirely on how this decision plays out.  Osborne is the only one who made a good decision at HC hire, and I hope he's still serving as a consultant (for both Mickey and Trev).

I just don't feel good about Urban Meyer. He's just a ...  

Who recommended/supported the hiring of Peterson and Eichorst?

8 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Exact!!! People were even wearing hire Urban Meyer shirts at the game. Im a huge supporter of winning and thats why I feel so strongly about him. 

The ironic part is ppl against him seem to hold his dalliance at the bar last year with that woman and Jacksonville going poorly as reasons not too. Yet for the most part haven’t brought up his mishandling of his assistant coach domestic abuse which was by far the worst thing attached to him. 

I agree with you, as I’ve said a few times here. If I wanted guidance on morals and wholesome life I’d go to church. We know football is horrible for the body and ppl make millions of kids playing this game, yet some wanna act like it’s morally wrong to bring in urban.

give me f#&%ing excellence on the field on Saturday’s so I can be a cocky SOB the rest of the week. I’ll find my moral compass from other sources 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2

On 9/15/2022 at 6:24 PM, M.A. said:

Who recommended/supported the hiring of Peterson and Eichorst?

Pederson hire was pretty widely supported at the time. Eichorst was Perlman running-off and hiring a stooge while Osborne wasn't looking. We overpaid for a guy that was doing a meh job at Miami because he had Alvarez ties and would do what Perlman wanted. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Danimal said:

Pederson hire was pretty widely supported at the time. Eichorst was Perlman running-off and hiring a stooge while Osborne wasn't looking. We overpaid for a guy that was doing a meh job at Miami because he had Alvarez ties and would do what Perlman wanted. 

I see, Pederson was widely supported.