Yahoo Sports releases Top 7 candidates

Which of these seven candidates would you prefer?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Cigarman said:

Matt Campbell is officially out. And not in coach speak. He OFFICIALLY turned us down as a candidate. 

Not surprised, as I said when the search first began that Matt Campbell would not be interested in this job. He may or may not have been a candidate, but there was zero chance of him wanting to come here

6 hours ago, Cigarman said:

No link. As you should know by now…..links from the media are the least likely and slowest mode of gaining the truth. Not explaining my way so you can choose to believe or not. But it is true. He made direct contact with the university saying he wasn’t interested. 

I’m not so sure about this. Personally I’m not crazy about the guy. I’m finding it hard to believe. If true, I think we’d had dodged a bullet too.  

6 hours ago, M.A. said:

Some of the best surgeons are sociopaths or psychopaths. A higher percentage than other other groups. That’s an extreme. It usually isn’t what’s portrayed in movies. They can be particularly nasty no less. And it wouldn’t be accurate to say all of them are. Far from it. Point being, highly successful professionals aren’t necessarily bad characters.

“Skeletons” can mean a variety of things. I would say very few of us don’t have them.

Soooo... Some surgeons have literal skeletons in their closet?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

On 9/30/2022 at 9:24 AM, Cigarman said:

No link. As you should know by now…..links from the media are the least likely and slowest mode of gaining the truth. Not explaining my way so you can choose to believe or not. But it is true. He made direct contact with the university saying he wasn’t interested. 

He called up Trev and told him to keep his 9 million a year? 

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

We aren't so dismissive of Matt Campbell for Lance Leipold. Most Husker Fans want neither so hopefully we keep it that way.

I guess. I love Matt Campbell. I get the reservations, but when other teams desperately want a coach (USC, the NFL) I think it's a great sign

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

I guess. I love Matt Campbell. I get the reservations, but when other teams desperately want a coach (USC, the NFL) I think it's a great sign

I think both of them are solid coaches and would be solid gets.  I think they lack the social media "wow" factor if that makes sense.  They don't have the name recognition as their programs are not in the CFP discussion.  That's just my .02. I'd be good with either one.  Solid business like approach to the game.  

To your point about other teams and NFL wanting him, did anyone other than NU and UF want Frost?  NU was a no brainer and UF only wanted him IIRC.  I don't remember multiple offers.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Are we sure either of those are actually true? Or is that just like, message board chatter and stuff? I remember his name being mentioned for USC about how it’s being mentioned for Nebraska now. And I don’t remember him ever being rumored for a head NFL job. Regardless, I’d hardly call either one “desperately wanting him”

9 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think both of them are solid coaches and would be solid gets.  I think they lack the social media "wow" factor if that makes sense.  They don't have the name recognition as their programs are not in the CFP discussion.  That's just my .02. I'd be good with either one.  Solid business like approach to the game.  

To your point about other teams and NFL wanting him, did anyone other than NU and UF want Frost?  NU was a no brainer and UF only wanted him IIRC.  I don't remember multiple offers.

Florida offered but it was pretty well known he was only going to come to NU. 

• Plus1 1