Mike'l Severe rant on Scott Frost

308_Husker

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

For me that dates back years and years. He made some claims about the program that people pushed back on and he went on a massive blocking spree on Twitter rather than discuss it. Very much like Lee Barfknecht, as I recall. 

It's not so much to do with his credibility as his personality. 

I generally enjoy Severe, but he does have a pretty thin skin. I tried interacting with him in good faith during a Chiefs/Saints game years ago, and got blocked by him for a bit. 

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yes, absolutely. He was our neighbor between his NFL days and beginning his coaching career, and he'd be around in between jobs as well. He was a good neighbor, friendly and a bit chatty, loved showing off his chocolate labs. 

After Scott got the Oregon job, his parents moved in and lived there until Larry passed away in 2019. We'd see Scott and his wife come to visit most Sundays after he got the Nebraska job, loading and unloading baby seats into the car.

Larry and Carol were also very good neighbors, friendly in their way. Carol is very matter-of-fact, but she and my wife chatted quite a bit. Larry helped grade our back yard one year, free of charge. Helped take that from an overgrown prairie to useful grass. 

Man...now you sound like the annoying neighbor!  Hahaha

I’m sure that there’s at least some truth to it. A dog chasing it’s own tail doesn’t make any sense either. Money talks. It creates problems then attempts to get rid of them, to make them go away.

People don’t like parting ways with what they’ve made investments in financially and emotionally or, to acknowledge an error was made.

Scott was simply in over his head. He probably succumbed to some pressures involving those in the circle that he associated with. He was accustomed to cutting softer wood so to speak then after arriving here things were substantially more tough. He was overwhelmed and didn’t have enough answers to overcome various hurdles.

It’s evident that we’ve made a number of mistakes with respect to coaching hires. Is there something broken at Nebraska? Perhaps it has something to do with influential involved in decision making processes? It’s not just the athletic directors that we like to tear apart.

That’s just my perspective. People had better take a good hard look at how they’re operating is adversely effecting what’s in our interest. We have got to get this one right.

We’re all passionate about the team we love. And, we all have our differing opinions. That’s all right! I don’t hate Scott. I am awfully disappointed though. I’m sick the mess that’s been going on for most of 20 years. This could be it. Really.

There’s no accountability. We just keep doing the same types of things experiencing similar things over and over again. 

Recently there was one common factor in the equation. That was Scott Frost. The other constant has been the steady, ongoing influences of those in positions of power. Chasing bad money with good money doesn’t register. It stinks.

Well said, @Ulty. There are two glaring things for me:

1. Average people like us aren't ever going to really be able to verify any of the rumors. Even if you "have a guy," his original source is going to be second-hand. It's all now third hand stuff - you just can't really verify almost any of it.

2. Look at how many people want Urban Meyer to come in.

The overwhelming majority of fans wouldn't have cared at all about any of these rumors if we'd been winning 8-9 games a year.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

From "Doc Talk" with Dr. Rob Zatechka and Travis Justice.

Justice - Okay, let me give you an example. I was with what I think was a pretty good money man. Got invited to an NIL presentation. He (Frost) showed up an hour and half late. He showed up in a cut-off t-shirt with no sleeves, with a big old wad of chew in, spitting the whole time. Now you may say that's just who he is. If you are trying to impress people to give you money and that's the way you are with donors who you are trying to get to pay your players?

Dr. Rob Zatechka - How do you think you are with the players?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Gage County said:

Well, that's not what Severe said, he says, "It's not all about the losses". You changed the context. You've changed the context of the TA comment too.

I disagree and stand by my two points 

- Coaches can get away with a lot of nonsense IF they’re winning. 

- Trev does not need a salacious Scott Frost tell-all book to justify firing a 16-31 coach. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was surprised to hear the things he said, and it also explains a lot.  After the disorganized clusterf#&% I watched on Saturdays the last 4+ years it checks out that the program he ran was a disorganized clusterf#&%. 

I almost feel vindicated for calling some of the nonsense into question, but it's not time to gloat.  It's time for all of us to rally around coach Mickey and hope for the best.

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He LOVES blocking people.  

I do think he is good on the radio though...I wonder if he will come back full time.

I don't think he will go back to radio full-time.  It's too much of a grind for lowish-pay.  He's got a good job working for the city of Papillion.  He can do that for as long as he wants, and pick up media gigs when he wants to.  I don't even think he wanted to do the 1620 show on Sunday mornings, but he is doing them a favor and is doing it for the next few months during football sesaon.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

No offense does it really matter? Scott's gone. Its always so easy to come out with things like this after the fact. Who cares shift your focus on to bigger and better things like figuring out how you can go get a elite coach to make us winners again. 

The focus of us on this here message board has nothing to do with "figuring out how to get a elite coach".

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't think he will go back to radio full-time.  It's too much of a grind for lowish-pay.  He's got a good job working for the city of Papillion.  He can do that for as long as he wants, and pick up media gigs when he wants to.  I don't even think he wanted to do the 1620 show on Sunday mornings, but he is doing them a favor and is doing it for the next few months during football sesaon.

The favor is for us...because it means no Vrzal show!

• Oh Yeah! 2