Mike'l Severe rant on Scott Frost

308_Husker

One thing I had heard long before Frost was fired (and which Severe repeated) was the allegation of people going to the admins with concerns about Frost regarding some things happening behind the scenes and in his personal time.

At this point, I agree that it doesn't really matter, but regardless of what is true and what is fabrication... the end result speaks for itself. There weren't enough things being done the right way in the off season and Sunday-Friday to set the team up for success on Saturdays. The cause of that could be anything from poor coaching to poor leadership or some combination therein.

I did (and still do) find it interesting what Trev said about the kinds of things he'll be looking for in a new coach. He made a point to explicitly say this wasn't an indictment against Frost, but it's also hard to not correlate Frost and those superlatives, particularly now with these rumors flying rampant.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, gorp512 said:

Where is any of this? Wasn't Chinander in his wedding?? 

This is what has come out of the woodwork since Severe went online. And yeah, Chinander was in Frost's wedding, but the relationship had supposedly become...acrimonious.  

36 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I did (and still do) find it interesting what Trev said about the kinds of things he'll be looking for in a new coach. He made a point to explicitly say this wasn't an indictment against Frost, but it's also hard to not correlate Frost and those superlatives, particularly now with these rumors flying rampant.

EXACTLY. It was odd at the time for Trev to call that out and make sure what he was saying wasn't an indictment against Frost...but with all of this coming out, what Trev said kind of lends some credence to these allegations. 

Plus, wasn't there supposedly a (verbal) dust up after the Directional Georgia game between Trev and Scott? Seemed hard to believe at first, but in light of all of these other allegations... :dunno

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

This is what has come out of the woodwork since Severe went online. And yeah, Chinander was in Frost's wedding, but the relationship had supposedly become...acrimonious.  

EXACTLY. It was odd at the time for Trev to call that out and make sure what he was saying wasn't an indictment against Frost...but with all of this coming out, what Trev said kind of lends some credence to these allegations. 

Plus, wasn't there supposedly a (verbal) dust up after the Directional Georgia game between Trev and Scott? Seemed hard to believe at first, but in light of all of these other allegations... :dunno

But if you were to believe all the rumors Frosty has been constantly drunk, knee deep in poonany, and banned from every golf course in the state.

The truth is probably somewhere in between.

• Haha 3

These threads spiral so quickly that anyone who’s at work and away from their computer has to read through 9 pages of posts. 

I, like others, think the roomers about infidelity, not calling recruits, being late to practice, the stuff about his wife, etc, are overstated. 

That said, I have personally seen Scott wasted at lcc. The only defense is that I was also wasted and that’s what people do at country clubs. 

I wished it worked, but it didn’t so we move on. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
53 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

That said, I have personally seen Scott wasted at lcc. The only defense is that I was also wasted and that’s what people do at country clubs. 

Well so far, your observation is the only firsthand account to substantiate any of the rumored improprieties (other than Frost showing up to a meeting with a sleeveless shirt). Now we’re getting somewhere!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

But if you were to believe all the rumors Frosty has been constantly drunk, knee deep in poonany, and banned from every golf course in the state.

The truth is probably somewhere in between.

It really is amazing how 2 out of last 3 coaches at NU did all these horrible public things...but yet...not one picture.

Bigfoot should think about coaching at NU...no one would ever report seeing him again.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4