Mike'l Severe rant on Scott Frost

308_Husker

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

This sounds like a wonderful story.

But coaches can not even have in-person contact with recruits until July 1st before their senior year.  

Raiola committed to Ohio State on May 9th.

So if Frost did, in fact, back out of the meeting (which seems extremely unlikely) the reason would be "because it would be an NCAA violation".

The version of this I was told was an on-campus meeting which is permissible beginning junior year. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

I don't have a problem posting the general story.  

An in house visit was arranged in Arizona to seal the deal with Dylan and this was a big event to the Raiola clan.  Dylan was very into Nebraska. Several Raiola family members arranged to be there.  Frost phoned Dominic morning of and said he couldn't make it.  Dominic apparently pleaded with Frost to re-consider, and Frost re-iterated he could not be there.  Frost eventually suggested a zoom meeting  Dylan lost faith in the process, Ryan Day caught wind, and OSU full court pressed.

I left out the reasons I've come across as to why Frost didn't want to show up, mainly because the general story is true but I suspect people are having fun coming up with Frost's reason to back out.  I personally suspect it's just another example of Frost having some type of personality disorder (another example being how he stood at the media day podium speechless staring past everyone until a BIG rep bailed him)...people with personality disorders make plans and back out last minute all the time...but i guess bad habits can't be ruled out.  

He does not have a personality disorder. I don't know if you are a psychologist, but if you are, it is highly unethical to say something like that. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, BigRedN said:

This was grand.  

Having gone through a divorce, it's amazing what "stuff" gets spewed.  I've got all the anniversary cards and Facebook posts saved of what a great Husband and Dad I was.  

5 years later I'm a narcissist and my sons express it was a living hell to live under me and still don't talk to me.

It's fascinating to see how and what others see/remember.

Good luck to Scott. Enjoy your life.

Haha!  The "narcissist" thing, that seems new.  Was your divorce recent?  That is the new buzzword!

"Hey, honey, do you mind picking up the kids today, I got stuck at work"

YOU ARE A NARCISSIST!  

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

This sounds like a wonderful story.

But coaches can not even have in-person contact with recruits until July 1st before their senior year.  

Raiola committed to Ohio State on May 9th.

So if Frost did, in fact, back out of the meeting (which seems extremely unlikely) the reason would be "because it would be an NCAA violation".

No no no

It is because he abuses drugs and booze!!!  Got it!  

Oh and he has a personality disorder!  

Those are the reasons...not some NCAA rule.  

Also, I am clearly kidding. 

The backdrop on all this (and more, I have heard a few interesting gossipy things around town, mostly dismissed.. until now) is that the team has not been coached much at all by Scott Frost, and thus the assistants and coordinators have been running things on their own a high percentage of the time (how high that percentage of time is up for conjecture). 

So, in other words, the performance on game day we're seeing could be seen as results of crappy coaching by those trying to take up the HC slack.  What that means, and to what extent it is true, is also up for conjecture.  But it seems a bit frightening in that we could come around to the conclusion that Mickey Joseph (and the others to some extent) has already shown us what he's capable/not capable of producing. 

Time will tell, of course, as the season wears on.  But I just wonder now... now that the gossip seems to have legs, and that Scott Frost was fired a few games into the season (which was one piece of that gossip after the Northwestern game). 

• Fire 1

Putting my armchair therapist hat on, I'm surmising that the amount of "we should just move on" posts from various members speaks to just how much the Frost era disappointed people. When he was hired we felt like we really had the next up-and-coming coach. Excitement was so high, and people genuinely wanted him to succeed.

When he didn't, and eventually got fired, that hurt way more than Solich, Callahan, Pelini or Riley's firings. So much so that it's hard to even do a post-mortem on the Frost era for some people.

• Plus1 6
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Putting my armchair therapist hat on, I'm surmising that the amount of "we should just move on" posts from various members speaks to just how much the Frost era disappointed people. When he was hired we felt like we really had the next up-and-coming coach. Excitement was so high, and people genuinely wanted him to succeed.

When he didn't, and eventually got fired, that hurt way more than Solich, Callahan, Pelini or Riley's firings. So much so that it's hard to even do a post-mortem on the Frost era for some people.

I mean we can do a post mortem, but what's being posted here and elsewhere is akin to high school gossip.

It's been clear for years that the team was lacking in the details of how they played, and motivation to play a complete game. That's an obvious reflection on the head coach. Just like Bo having melt downs and his team following suit.

We're never really going to know what the root cause was unless somebody writes to tell all, and that's going to come from a former staff member or a player who's already in the NFL or is done with the game.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Everyone here cares about the Huskers. Scott Frost cares about the Huskers. It has been clear from before he even took the job that the weight of the situation was always on his mind. Add in the immense success at UCF, his personal losses, and whatever he has going on, and it has been a recipe for what happened. 

This idea that Scott is a careless snake oil salesman with no self awareness is wrong to him and to the brand that is Husker football. One wonders if they did Scott a favor by letting him go when they did so he could have the full buyout. Even if 25 percent of the rumors are true, they would seemingly have cause to terminate him. 

• Plus1 1
On 9/13/2022 at 10:35 PM, 308_Husker said:

I'm not sure if any of the things cited in this short video are true. If they are, then it provides insight to the unorganized chaos of the Frost era.

Tik Tok Link

Yep Frost showing up to practice late blah blah blah. I thought this guy was holding extra practices which one is it, sounds like two different guys to me, can’t believe everything you hear. More fake news if you ask me. Although I’m curious are there more snakes on snake island or in Nebraskas athletic program?

• Plus1 1