Mike'l Severe rant on Scott Frost

308_Husker

8 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Yep Frost showing up to practice late blah blah blah. I thought this guy was holding extra practices which one is it, sounds like two different guys to me, can’t believe everything you hear. More fake news if you ask me. Although I’m curious are there more snakes on snake island or in Nebraskas athletic program?

Great....now he has a multiple personality disorder.

3 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

The version of this I was told was an on-campus meeting which is permissible beginning junior year. 

And virtually every big recruit that comes to campus specifically reports getting to sit down with Frost.

But it's a fun story to believe that he decided to meet with all those other recruits but passed on the biggest one he's ever had.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

Getting to meet and further get to know people at Nebraska face to face was a highlight of the weekend for Raiola.

"I hung around pretty much everybody: Coach (Scott) Frost, Coach Mario (Verduzco), and also Sean Dillon who works in the front office. I got to hang around everybody and be around everybody, so it was good. We just talked about the game and what they're doing with the program, so I am super-excited about it."

Rivals

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

And virtually every big recruit that comes to campus specifically reports getting to sit down with Frost.

But it's a fun story to believe that he decided to meet with all those other recruits but passed on the biggest one he's ever had.

I think the drama of the 90’s bled into the “experience” of Nebraska football a bit. The gossip, stories and “Well I heard…” is an added bonus. 

Maybe Scott got hammered and blew off a meeting with a top recruit. Or maybe a 5 star QB with all the options in the world wanted to play for a top program, and not a 3 win team with a head coach hanging by a thread. Maybe everything isn’t a soap opera. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not only that, but that he explicitly told the recruit's father that he was drunk on margaritas. 

I guess if you're going to make up a story, might as well swing for the fences with the details.

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I've always heard that Frost has a big ego and is arrogant and somewhat narcissistic. Not sure if it's true or not, but it's definitely been out there.

I have two stories about that. One is from 1996 or 1997, the other is from the past dozen-ish years or so. 

After the Spring Game in the mid-90s, I forget which year it was, we went for dinner at Old Country Buffet (you down with OCB? YEAH YOU KNOW ME!). Frost and his family came in a bit later and sat at a table near us. Frost stalked around that restaurant like he owned it. Didn't interact with him, but he seemed like he had a "big ego." 

Years later, between his NFL & coaching days, Frost moved a couple houses down from us. He was friendly and personable and a good neighbor. Later, his folks bought the house and lived there for years and years. Same thing - good people, good neighbors. 

I think there's evidence of Scott having a big ego if you want to see it. I think there's evidence he's a pretty good dude if you want to see it. Depends on perspective.

• Plus1 2