Mike'l Severe rant on Scott Frost

308_Husker

2 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Positive it wasn't Cracker Barrel.  Almost positive it had some sort of buffet.   

Golden Corral maybe?  I have seen players in there a time or two.  I believe that is now closed as well but would have been open while TA was here.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Hilltop said:

Golden Corral maybe?  I have seen players in there a time or two.  I believe that is now closed as well but would have been open while TA was here.

Possibility.  it was a long time ago.  I believe it was his senior year so 2016?  I've only been to Lincoln a handful of times and I wasn't driving or paying attention so I couldn't even tell you where I was compared to the Campus.  

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

I don't want to start any unfounded rumors, but it appears that Nebraska football players and their insatiable appetites are driving Lincoln buffets out of business. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Remember when we stopped speculating on Mike Riley, Bo Pelini, Bill Callahan, Frank Solich, Tom Osborne and Bob Devaney after we got new coaches? 

I've definitely moved on from Coach Bill Jennings. His penchant for drunken knife fights and Latvian prostitutes has no bearing on why he was fired after his 3 win season in 1961. 

Dude, Jennings could cut a Mutha like the best of them. That's why he didn't get fired earlier. He just kept declaring "Trial by combat," then would stab the guy talking about him losing his job. Brutal, but effective.

How else do you think Bobby Bowden kept his job so long into the 20 aughts as Florida State got worse? He learned from Jennings. 

• TBH 2

Is this the thread to drop “our coaches are hacks” stories?

Got a good one today that is very reliable. I don’t want to divulge too much but heard it from my brother who heard it directly from the recruits mother. I’m not going to give the recruits name or his school. B. Ruud made a recruiting visit to the kids school and he was clearly drunk during the visit. LB recruit, 30 schools offered him, ended up signing with Clemson.  My brother told me this today as we were discussing all the Frost stories that are coming out now. Thought it went along with this topic. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Got a good one today that is very reliable. I don’t want to divulge too much but heard it from my brother who heard it directly from the recruits mother. I’m not going to give the recruits name or his school. B. Ruud made a recruiting visit to the kids school and he was clearly drunk during the visit. LB recruit, 30 schools offered him, ended up signing with Clemson.  My brother told me this today as we were discussing all the Frost stories that are coming out now. Thought it went along with this topic. 

Naturally strong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Ruud used to get invited to Nick Bahe's wine podcasts with his brother Bo.  They quit telling him about the pods because he drank all the wine that was intended for the show.  Fact or rumor ?  You decide !