Mike'l Severe rant on Scott Frost

308_Husker

18 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Is this the thread to drop “our coaches are hacks” stories?

Got a good one today that is very reliable. I don’t want to divulge too much but heard it from my brother who heard it directly from the recruits mother. I’m not going to give the recruits name or his school. B. Ruud made a recruiting visit to the kids school and he was clearly drunk during the visit. LB recruit, 30 schools offered him, ended up signing with Clemson.  My brother told me this today as we were discussing all the Frost stories that are coming out now. Thought it went along with this topic. 

And boom…proof of a systemic problem

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Big Red Viking said:

Ruud used to get invited to Nick Bahe's wine podcasts with his brother Bo.  They quit telling him about the pods because he drank all the wine that was intended for the show.  Fact or rumor ?  You decide !

I mean I drink….but you would think these guys could dial it down for a recruiting visit. Seems pretty inappropriate to me. This kid was probably out of our league and maybe headed to Clemson anyway but these clowns need to rep the University and team. Good way to wipe out any potential recruits from a school for quite a few years.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I mean I drink….but you would think these guys could dial it down for a recruiting visit. Seems pretty inappropriate to me. This kid was probably out of our league and maybe headed to Clemson anyway but these clowns need to rep the University and team. Good way to wipe out any potential recruits from a school for quite a few years.

IF true, it’s unacceptable. We don’t need a scandal involving reckless, disreputable conduct on top of everything else. There’s enough challenges already.

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

And boom…proof of a systemic problem

Lol this is the exact same story told with 6 different coaches with 6 different recruits in 6 different states.  That is why I know it's BS.  It's like telephone where the state, coach, name of recruit, and alcohol of choice change but the story is the same.  Systematic problems maybe do exist but this is laughable. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
26 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah all coaches probably have something but there are big levels to it. Like Briles and to a slightly lesser extent Ed O did are to an infinite degree worse than just some recruiting violations or having some players take PEDs. 

I wasn't referring to the stuff that's already known. I was referring to the stuff still hidden that may or may not come out in the future. They all have stuff they try to keep hidden. Some are better at hiding than others.

• TBH 1
13 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Lol this is the exact same story told with 6 different coaches with 6 different recruits in 6 different states.  That is why I know it's BS.  It's like telephone where the state, coach, name of recruit, and alcohol of choice change but the story is the same.  Systematic problems maybe do exist but this is laughable. 

You don’t have to believe it. I do because it was my brother. Neither one of us has any reason to cast NU in a bad light, we’re both huge fans. The recruits mother also had no reason I know of to be telling my brother a lie. I’m not giving the recruits name or his school or how my brother knows his mom (all which I could) so I understand some skepticism but I’m accepting it as fact.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You don’t have to believe it. I do because it was my brother. Neither one of us has any reason to cast NU in a bad light, we’re both huge fans. The recruits mother also had no reason I know of to be telling my brother a lie. I’m not giving the recruits name or his school or how my brother knows his mom (all which I could) so I understand some skepticism but I’m accepting it as fact.

I believe you!  I was not being sarcastic.  Maybe a little, but it’s funny how fast a long time board member can be discounted. 

but I guess BR could have a drinking problem all on his own. 

16 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

But 6 different coaches...