Mike'l Severe rant on Scott Frost

308_Husker

On 9/15/2022 at 9:36 AM, Mavric said:

And virtually every big recruit that comes to campus specifically reports getting to sit down with Frost.

But it's a fun story to believe that he decided to meet with all those other recruits but passed on the biggest one he's ever had.

Oh, I don’t believe it. I just thought I’d highlight the stories don’t even match. Severe and Benning are DBags

• Plus1 3

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I guess there is hot mic talk of Yant and Manning quitting a bunch of times.

Yea.. Probably an exaggeration but basically said that Manning practices seemingly every other day. Also said that he was wanting to redshirt so he could play his final year elsewhere. He hasn’t done much this far and isn’t going to be here next year so it wouldn’t surprise me if Mick gives him his walking papers.

6 minutes ago, Farms said:

Yea.. Probably an exaggeration but basically said that Manning practices seemingly every other day. Also said that he was wanting to redshirt so he could play his final year elsewhere. He hasn’t done much this far and isn’t going to be here next year so it wouldn’t surprise me if Mick gives him his walking papers.

I take a lot of it with a grain of salt (or sand) because we all know how the "telephone game" works...but I am sure that some of it or some parts of it are true.

4 hours ago, internetman said:

but they didnt report it.... they waited until frost was fired to pile on. complete pu&&ys. the media that covers UNL football has some serious issues. 

Eh. Not exactly. It's kinda how these things work. You gotta chase rumors down to verify them. The act of chasing rumors down typically gets you labelled as a trouble-maker by the parties involved, who have a tendency to preemptively attack your character. People don't like to go on record, because they can get attacked too, lose their job, or betray a friend.

At some point you have to decide how far, if true, the rumors go to the person's character. Or if a little exaggeration means it's not really a problem. You are probably working for a publisher who loves clicks but doesn't want legal trouble. Most importantly, if you go all-in on a story undermining a powerful person, you will lose access to everyone you need as a beat reporter.

The media covering Nebraska football probably plays nicer and safer than most schools, and far nicer than most professional teams. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Eh. Not exactly. It's kinda how these things work. You gotta chase rumors down to verify them. The act of chasing rumors down typically gets you labelled as a trouble-maker by the parties involved, who have a tendency to preemptively attack your character. People don't like to go on record, because they can get attacked too, lose their job, or betray a friend.

At some point you have to decide how far, if true, the rumors go to the person's character. Or if a little exaggeration means it's not really a problem. You are probably working for a publisher who loves clicks but doesn't want legal trouble. Most importantly, if you go all-in on a story undermining a powerful person, you will lose access to everyone you need as a beat reporter.

The media covering Nebraska football probably plays nicer and safer than most schools, and far nicer than most professional teams. 

the media licks balls because they are scared to lose their access... then the coach is fired and they start trickling out just stupid character issues to get clicks. 

they are lame

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, internetman said:

the media licks balls because they are scared to lose their access... then the coach is fired and they start trickling out just stupid character issues to get clicks. 

they are lame

This seems to be the case. There are more media covering Nebraska than most any other team, and NONE of this comes out, or is even hinted at, while these coaches are here? Not one person will talk? Meh.

Just now, Born N Bled Red said:

This is the sneaky dirty stuff that has destroyed the program. When I say that Nebraska athletics needs to be fixed well above the head coach before any coach can right the program, this is the crap I'm talking about. 

I'm not sure what you mean here.

• Plus1 1