Mike'l Severe rant on Scott Frost

308_Husker

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

That's exactly what we're saying. They "know" this stuff, but never even hint at it until after the coach is fired. Then they're like, "Yeah, we knew all of this was going on..."

Happened after we fired Callahan, Pelini, Riley and now Frost. 

That's not journalism. That's blogger stuff. Message board stuff.

Yes and sadly it has changed...

The stories after Bo left...

How the players did not lift during the Riley years...

blah blah blah...and of course it all comes out AFTER...

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Media isn't going to post stories that sources can't be confirmed.  Especially with damning info.

OWH and LJS survive on Husker news.  UNL benefits from OWH and LJS.  To think open and honest journalism is happening is crazy!  Coaches and "reporters" confer with each other before messages get out.  Unless the public is obviously against the coach, then the papers benefit by releasing all that "secret' info.

The student newspaper should get to work.  

I think any media outlet would hit gold if they broke something juicy. There’s the question of access-which I get- for the local guys, but what services like the Athletic? What do they have to lose? 

National CFB writer Bruce Feldman:  "From talking to coaches there you see how wildly disorganized the Scott Frost era was".

Mickey gave the coaches a schedule after he started that said "6:30am - Arrival in Office" because coaches would be rolling into the facility at 6:59 for a 7:00 meeting.

First clip is about the coaches schedule and not tackling.  2nd clip he says Frost missed a staff meeting in Ireland.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's how it worked in San Francisco yesterday, where an un-forced quarterback controversy and some dicey play calling has people questioning the Head Coach:

Beat Reporter: I talked to two players on condition of anonymity who told me "this team is better with Jimmy Garrapollo at quarterback. I can't say that publicly. But you can."  

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's no wonder the product on the field has been this bad. Frost spent all summer talking about this being a "business trip" and he pulls this crap?

Attitude reflects leadership. 

A video from a NU fan who was in Dublin for the game showed dozens of NU players and coaches at the Guinness Factory Bar the afternoon before the game (the next day).  Now, I doubt the players were getting bombed, and I don't think this would be an issue if it was done on the Wednesday or Thursday before the game.  However, this shows another example of Frost wanting to be "friends" with the players rather than the "CEO", "parent", "boss" of the players on the team.  Coaches can have good relationships with their players, and position coaches can sometimes be more on a friendly basis, but the Head Coach has to set guidelines, rules, and expectations of being professionals.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

A video from a NU fan who was in Dublin for the game showed dozens of NU players and coaches at the Guinness Factory Bar the afternoon before the game (the next day).  Now, I doubt the players were getting bombed, and I don't think this would be an issue if it was done on the Wednesday or Thursday before the game.  However, this shows another example of Frost wanting to be "friends" with the players rather than the "CEO", "parent", "boss" of the players on the team.  Coaches can have good relationships with their players, and position coaches can sometimes be more on a friendly basis, but the Head Coach has to set guidelines, rules, and expectations of being professionals.

It serves as an example of a reckless choice. Much of being successful isn’t what is gained but what is let go of. Winning and sacrifices go hand in hand. It seems winning was sacrificed for doing what’s comfortable and fun. 

• Plus1 1