Mike'l Severe rant on Scott Frost

308_Husker

Yeah I don't really like talking the personal stuff much, I don't know Scott personally and I don't feel it proper to really comment one way or the other on it. I can't speak to a man's character or things like that when all I know him from is his publicly facing side. I get why people do, but I just don't like doing it anymore. If he is having personal troubles, I hope things get better for him on that front. He hasn't s#!t on the university or the fans or anything, so for my part, I figure that's enough to say I hope things go well for him in his future endeavors, to say nothing of his still cemented legacy as one of the school's great QBs and a national champion.

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

29 minutes ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

I'm not, so no ethics violated on my side.

Edit: And I understand your point.  I'm not qualified to have suggested it.  it was completely stupid for me to have.  I'll leave this topic alone.    

No worries. I think it's fair to discuss that he was performing what is the most visible and high profile job in the state while impaired. That is obvious to anyone watching. By what? Who knows, but the media seems to and that is there the disconnect seems to exist. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, GSG said:

Did I ever tell you about the time Scott Frost showed up at my daughter’s wedding? You know my daughter, she’s a beautiful girl. Well, Frost shows up and you know he’s a big fella. Well, he’s standing right between me and my daughter at the ceremony. He’s got no right to be there, but he’s drunk and he’s Frost. Well, long story short, the priest accidentally marries me and Frost. We spend the weekend in the Poconos — he loved me like I’ve never been loved before.

I'm adding repressed memory syndrome to Frost's psych evaluation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I have two stories about that. One is from 1996 or 1997, the other is from the past dozen-ish years or so. 

After the Spring Game in the mid-90s, I forget which year it was, we went for dinner at Old Country Buffet (you down with OCB? YEAH YOU KNOW ME!). Frost and his family came in a bit later and sat at a table near us. Frost stalked around that restaurant like he owned it. Didn't interact with him, but he seemed like he had a "big ego." 

Years later, between his NFL & coaching days, Frost moved a couple houses down from us. He was friendly and personable and a good neighbor. Later, his folks bought the house and lived there for years and years. Same thing - good people, good neighbors. 

I think there's evidence of Scott having a big ego if you want to see it. I think there's evidence he's a pretty good dude if you want to see it. Depends on perspective.

OCB!!! I used to tear that place apart. My goodness knapp....you brought back some serious memories

GBR!!

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I have two stories about that. One is from 1996 or 1997, the other is from the past dozen-ish years or so. 

After the Spring Game in the mid-90s, I forget which year it was, we went for dinner at Old Country Buffet (you down with OCB? YEAH YOU KNOW ME!). Frost and his family came in a bit later and sat at a table near us. Frost stalked around that restaurant like he owned it. Didn't interact with him, but he seemed like he had a "big ego." 

Years later, between his NFL & coaching days, Frost moved a couple houses down from us. He was friendly and personable and a good neighbor. Later, his folks bought the house and lived there for years and years. Same thing - good people, good neighbors. 

I think there's evidence of Scott having a big ego if you want to see it. I think there's evidence he's a pretty good dude if you want to see it. Depends on perspective.

I'm pretty sure I was at an OCB back in the day when I heard some players sitting at a table beside me complaining about Tommy Armstrong.  How nothing was ever his fault in practice or in a game.  Maybe that's were Severe goes to get his intel.  

3 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I'm pretty sure I was at an OCB back in the day when I heard some players sitting at a table beside me complaining about Tommy Armstrong.  How nothing was ever his fault in practice or in a game.  Maybe that's were Severe goes to get his intel.  

Wouldn't have been OCB. It closed in 2008. Maybe Cracker Barrrel?