Mike'l Severe rant on Scott Frost

308_Husker

4 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Interesting that the guy who hired him got canned for not being fully vested/present also.  

Scott basically didn't have anyone he needed to report to once he was hired here.  Moos gave him free reign to do what ever he wanted.

When Trev came in Frost didn't take kindly to having laid out expectations and having a review process.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is true, but it doesn't mean that Severe is right. 

oh of course. Mike'l had 4 years to spill the beans but he chose not to.

Now, I don't necessarily blame him. plus, he's one of the few media members who have been critical of frost since the 2nd year. lol even in this thread, people think he has an axe to grind or something. he just doesn't care as much as others.

2 minutes ago, thatguy said:

Now, I don't necessarily blame him. plus, he's one of the few media members who have been critical of frost since the 2nd year. lol even in this thread, people think he has an axe to grind or something. he just doesn't care as much as others.

He has a bad combination of thin skin, a big ego, and enough lack of care of the program to insinuate unflattering things over the years. He's walked back some stuff already from his "rant" as hyperbole.

It's not surprising that people who have had run-ins with his ego and thin skin would not view him charitably. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, thatguy said:

Do you guys know how sources work?  Media guys are told stuff things all the time, but can't make it public because things are "off the record".  Shoot, I bet media would tough base with Trev the past year and ask him "is Scott still coming in late on a regular basis?'

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Do you guys know how sources work?  Media guys are told stuff things all the time, but can't make it public because things are "off the record".  Shoot, I bet media would tough base with Trev the past year and ask him "is Scott still coming in late on a regular basis?'

Fans want to see the text!!!  SHOW THE TEXT!  Hahaha

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Did you read my posts?

54 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, I don't get how many people on the web (primarily twitter) are lambasting the media for this.

You're a media member and you hear rumors of Scott banging co-eds at Gate 25. Better yet, let's say you know it's happening. What are you supposed to do with that info? Quote yourself? Quote people who won't go on the record? Commit career suicide? There's no tenable option there.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

From "Doc Talk" with Dr. Rob Zatechka and Travis Justice.

Justice - Okay, let me give you an example. I was with what I think was a pretty good money man. Got invited to an NIL presentation. He (Frost) showed up an hour and half late. He showed up in a cut-off t-shirt with no sleeves, with a big old wad of chew in, spitting the whole time. Now you may say that's just who he is. If you are trying to impress people to give you money and that's the way you are with donors who you are trying to get to pay your players?

Coming back to this one. It really makes me laugh.

Nobody has any real idea of what his afternoon was like that day. Like, maybe he's in the middle of his own scheduled workout with plenty of time to get cleaned up & go to the thing...and then he's pulled into some high-priority issue that tied him up on campus for a couple hours.

This kind of stuff is such a huge stretch. And honestly for anybody that didn't know him well, they'd probably think it was cool that he shows up looking like a normal dude. I guess I wouldn't care, anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8