How many regular season games does Mickey Joseph have to win to be given the job?

How many regular season wins does Nebraska need for MJ to be hired as new HC?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

If he wins 9 games and does NOT get the job, I am glad I am the one not having to explain to America why a minority coach who took a dumpster fire and went undefeated did not atleast get a 2 year contract. And the questions surrounding this would be completely justified. 

That’s awful.  Nobody should be given the job based on race.  

• Plus1 6
  • TBH 2

21 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

That’s awful.  Nobody should be given the job based on race.  

Anybody that took over this dumpster fire and went 9-0 in this situation would have to be the leader in the clubhouse. I don’t think it will happen, I doubt we even get bowl eligible but you seem to be discounting him because of his race which isn’t cool. 9-0…..you just said he shouldn’t be considered for going 9-0. SMH

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2

He would have to win out to be given any serious consideration, in my opinion. And with these lines and porous defense, that just isn't going to happen.  No, it's time to bring in some solid P5 head coaching experience, and quit gambling on inexperienced former "Nebraska" players, as coaches.

That said, I wish Mickey all the luck in the world, and if for some miracle he does go undefeated as the interim head coach.  I think Trev would a fool to not seriously consider him, and I'd be more than happy to eat crow.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, Has Been said:

Probably 7-2, with 2 close losses. That gets the Huskers to 8 wins. He’d have to take a hard look. I think he has to beat OU to raise eyebrows. 

I think the OU game is a free pass for Mickey. He’s just trying to keep the team afloat this week. If he goes 5-3 in the rest of the Big Ten schedule, he could get a serious look by Trev. 

I like Mickey, but he wouldn’t have been a serious candidate for the head coaching job last year. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

41 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Anybody that took over this dumpster fire and went 9-0 in this situation would have to be the leader in the clubhouse. I don’t think it will happen, I doubt we even get bowl eligible but you seem to be discounting him because of his race which isn’t cool. 9-0…..you just said he shouldn’t be considered for going 9-0. SMH

And we could always fire him next year after the five year contract is signed 

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1

You didn't give an option for 5 and I truly believe that is the number.   If he can win 5 of the remaining 9, we make it to a bowl and he earns a 2 year contract to see if he can build on the momentum.   

I'm honestly not a fan but if he can do in a partial season what Frost couldn't do in 4 years,  the guy deserves a legit shot. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1